Mystery Rash

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Mystery Rash

Postby JennaXXX » Thu May 27, 2010 7:41 pm

I have a rash on my chest and on the top of my arm. It was really bad yesterday and everyone at work was commenting on it.
At first I thought it was a heat rash but it is still there today. I haven't eaten anything different, used a different washing powder so it is a mystery.
I have been very stressed these past few days so could it be that?
Whatever life throws at you, smile, hold your head up high and be the best you can possibly be.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Mystery Rash

Postby captainf » Thu May 27, 2010 9:46 pm

Hmm it could still be because of the heat but its likely to be something else.
Maybe it is the stress. It could be a little bit of eczema maybe. Try washing it and moisturising it.
If it doesnt go over the weekend then head to the doctors.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Fri May 28, 2010 11:36 am

Could be a reaction to something like a plant
However I agree if it isn't clearing up head to the doctor or the very least the local chemist and have a chat with the pharmacist
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby JennaXXX » Fri May 28, 2010 9:31 pm

It is kind of fading now. It's weird as it looks like a prickly heat rash but I thought if it was that it would have gone by now.
It could well be a plant actually or something like that. I was lying on the grass sunbathing the day before I got it so could have got it from there.

Thanks..
Whatever life throws at you, smile, hold your head up high and be the best you can possibly be.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Mon May 31, 2010 12:34 am

The skin is a funny thing because it can be so sensitive at times and not so at others.
Sometimes rashes can take a few days to subside.
Maybe the grass pollen is what caused it to flare up.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby smiler656 » Mon May 31, 2010 8:09 pm

Hi Jenna,

I had a similiar problem a few months ago. I was away from home so just called into a chemist. She was very helpful and said no need to go to the doctor. she gave me clarityn to stop the itching (i couldn't sleep with it) and a body lotion to help cool the skin. It cleared up within a few days.
smiler656
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby retrochav » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:33 pm

essentially there are two likely causes - one as identified could be an allergic reaction, in which case an antihistamine from the chemist would sort it out. This is where the body comes into contact with something and the immune system overeacts to it, producing histamine which causes itchiness, red spots or in severe cases swelling. An antihistimine reduces this reaction. It could well be a chemical fertilizer used on the grass that caused it.

Otherwise it is likely to be a fungal overgrowth. The skin has a mix of naturally occurring bacteria and fungus living on it. In warm weather, as we get hot, the fungus outnumbers the bacteria and causes itchiness or red spots to appear. Thrush is a form of fungal overgrowth as the mouth, genitals and underarms are obvious places of warmth and moisture.

As we cannot visually see it, the best bet is to ask a pharmacist and get a diagnosis.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Physical