I'm so embarrassed!

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I'm so embarrassed!

Postby spacebadger » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:02 am

Hi guys,

I'm really hoping someone can help me. I have an overactive bladder, for which I take daily medication. I was on a business trip this weekend, I did a presentation in front of lots of important people which went well and I was feeling really good. My boss bought me a celebratory beer and we chatted about how well it went. Then we went back to the hotel and in the foyer we bumped into lots of the people who'd been at the meeting and so of course we had to network and we were chatting to them and I realised I really needed the toilet. I realise now that I should have just excused myself but I thought I needed to make a good impression so I tried to hold on, and the worst and most humiliating thing that has ever happened to me happened. I wet myself, as an adult, in front of all these important people and my boss. I want to cry just thinking about it.

I made out that it was a bottle of water that had popped in my bag, and everyone rushed to help me clear up but I don't know if they really believed me. I am so ashamed and although I have made myself carry on, I am in work today and my boss hasn't mentioned it apart from to say "they'll remember you anyway!!" as if it was just a silly thing over a water bottle but I can't stop thinking about it and feeling so ashamed and humiliated. I am going to try to learn from it because I need to learn to listen to my body and if I need to go then just to say I have to go, but how can I forget this? I feel like I will never be able to sleep without waking up in a cold sweat thinking about it.

Any advice on how to just accept that it happened, I got away with it relatively well (i.e. it looked like it could've been water and the floor was black so it didn't show up as yellow or anything, there were only a few people there etc etc)? I want to die inside. The only person I have told is my fiance and he has been so great at telling me that everyone will have believed the water story and that I just need to try to forget it, but learn from it and move on etc but I'm not sure how to! I'm sure I'm feeling worse about it now cos I'm really tired but if anyone has any advice for me I'd really really appreciate it.
spacebadger
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: I'm so embarrassed!

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:41 am

I think everyone will believe the water story too or they wouldn't have been keen to help you clear up

Please try not to worry and in time you won't think about it so much anyway
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby peecee » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:51 am

Nearly a week has gone by, petal - do you feel ok now?

btw - I know it's a bit late, but I would have believed the story about the water bottle if I'd been there. :)
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby spacebadger » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Thanks for your replies, it has been a while now and I think I'm doing ok. I'm not sure it's the healthiest approach but I've kinda managed to block it out, although when I do think of it when I'm on my own I almost laugh at it!!

I am one of those people that really tortures themselves over every little thing I've said or done wrong and I certainly did feel awful for the first few days but my fiance was so lovely and supportive about it. Once I'd got through the first few days of work and saw that my boss was still treating me normally (he even brought up in a meeting about how my water bottle exploded and we all had a laugh about it so he must believe thats what happened) I have really tried to accept it for what it was, an accident that I can learn from. I will see the people that were there again at a meeting in mid-July so if I can seek them out and chat to them and re-impress them with my work then maybe I can remember that conversation instead of the previous ruined one!

I was hoping that someone would say something similar had happened to them so I didn't feel like such a freak but nevermind, maybe it's just me!!
spacebadger
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:33 pm

Well when i was about 10 I was playing hide and seek with all the kids in my street and as i was about to break the record for the longest hide. I didn't want to come out to go to the toilet becasue of it so I pooed myself :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Ok Ok stop laughing everyone :evil:

I bet you feel better now spacebadger :P

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby snail » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:22 pm

Funnily enough I was at college the other day and had one of those 'sucky' water bottles in my bag. I took a drink and replaced it in the bag without screwing the top down properly. It then managed to fall over without my noticing, so an hour later I discovered my bag full of water! I had the bag hanging over my front, so if it hadn't been that the material of the bag was waterproof, it would have trickled out all over my groin area =;
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby peecee » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:45 pm

Ha, we’re all coming out of the woodwork now!! :P

I’ve got a weak bladder, too – diabetes runs in my family, and that’s one of the effects it has.

Anyway, a few years ago (so I wasn’t 10, like Bel Bel) our accountant took me out for a drink after work (well, three drinks…). I told him I’d walk home, rather than let him drop me off, for reasons I won’t go into in this thread! :o Two miles in the sunshine is nothing, unless you’ve got a full bladder…you know, you walk faster to get to your bathroom sooner, but the faster you walk, the more you press on your bladder? And the only hedges were in front of factories, so every now and then I could stop behind one and think for a minute, but nothing else! By the time I got home, my shoes were much damper than when I set off. #-o :oops:

Is that elegant or what?? :lol:

xxxxxxxx
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby reckoner » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:26 am

I used to work in a shop with a guy that used to do things in front of customers like clean his ears out with a screwdriver and then wipe it on his shirt. I didn't like him very much. One night, we were doing a stock take and, to stop ourselves from losing the will to live entirely, got to chatting about embarrassing experiences. He told me that he'd been to a party once and got terribly drunk. So drunk, that he needed to throw up. He managed to find a bag to throw up in just in time but didn't expect stuff to come out of both ends. The south end produced quite a lot of stuff and ran down his leg where it met the elasticated bottoms of his trousers. So he was wandering around with poo filling up his trousers like heavy carrier bags. Then, he realised the bag he'd thrown up in had his change of clothes in it.

We both laughed so hard at this story that a similar accident nearly happened. And from that day onwards, I liked this guy an awful lot better than I had before. I will always respect and appreciate him for having the balls to tell me such a great and funny story.

It's not what you do, it's the way that you tell it. :)
reckoner
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:31 pm

A guy in our office cleans his ears with a biro lid and then licks it :o
Very disgusting :sick:

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby snail » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:08 pm

Ewwwwwwwwwwww!
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby reckoner » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:03 pm

but EVERYONE KNOWS that's the worst tasting bodily fluid.

*everyone knows that, right?*
reckoner
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby peecee » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:24 pm

Oh, the biggest YUK ever... :sick:

Actually, my ex (yes, Snail, THAT ex!) used to scrape his ears out with his finger nails and lick them, but now I'm imagining this other guy actually scooping gloop out and shovelling it down his throat - Bel Bel, please slap him next time he does that! :evil:
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:38 pm

I can't slap him he has a form of autism, probably why he does it. :-?

Anyway weirdly on the same sort of subject my sister pooed herself today because she was having a deep conversation with a man on facebook and refused to get off computer in case it caused the conversation to end. Apparently she is now walking round with her extemely short dress with no knickers underneath - :o

She feels no shame she has texted several people to tell them, she is 30 by the way not 11 like I was :sick:

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby reckoner » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:35 pm

LOLLING OUT LOUD

i think i just pulled a muscle :-s

does he have an autistic license?

*goes to hell in a handcart*
reckoner
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby peecee » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:50 pm

reckoner, you are indeed a very naughty girl. [-X

Did you wet yourself even a teeny bit while you were laughing...? :wink:

Bel Bel, why don't you tell your sis that you've shared her "secret" with 6,000 other people on PP, and see how ashamed she is THEN? Oh, and don't forget to tell the bloke on Facebook, too... :lol:
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Physical