Unprotected sex, morning after pill and various problems.

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Unprotected sex, morning after pill and various problems.

Postby poker_allie » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:51 am

Last wednesday me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex quite a few times. He never ejaculated in me though so the risk of preganacy is obviously a lot lower. I still went and got the morning after pill Thursday afternoon and took it immediately.

Since then Ive not been feeling right at all. Ive had upper abdomial pain (however, I am thinking I pulled a muscle during sex as it went after a day or so...might still be worth mentioning?) and headaches but the main issue is pain when I pee. As in, it feels like im passing acid. Ive had that since friday morning and it has only got very slightly better but still feels ridiculously painful.

Also, while I was at the doctors on thursday I got a prescription for the Pill and was told to take it when i next got my period. Which came a week early on the saturday morning (possibly induced by the morning after pill?). Ive so far taken two pills, one saturday night and one sunday night. The other main issue that has occured since sunday morning is that I feel the need to pee ALL THE TIME. Ill go and feel fine (except the burning pain) and 5 minutes later ill need it again, but when i go. Nothing, obviously, as Ive only just been.

I feel I should also, point out we're both each others' first's so STI's aren't really an issue.

I really dont know whats going on and what symptom is related to what im taking, if they are at all.

I hope all that made sense. Anyone help?
poker_allie
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Unprotected sex, morning after pill and various problems.

Postby RagDoll » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:20 pm

Sounds a lot like cystitis which is an infection of the bladder, it's pretty common in women and can be brought on by sex! It can be treated with anti-biotics, though I think it may also clear up by itself given long enough (I'm not entirely sure on that one?). I've heard drinking cranberry juice is good for treating it too.

This is just guess work tho and I am not a doctor - you need to go and see your GP as they know a lot better than we do!

PS: I'm sure you don't need a lecture, but unprotected sex is not the best of ideas, even if he doesn't ejaculate, you can still get pregnant.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby poker_allie » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Yeah, I was thinknig cystitis and heard that because its a bacterial infection, drinking lots of water can flush the bacteria out. But im needing the loo so much already Im almost reluctant to do so. I didnt know it could be brought on my sex though, this makes a lot of sense.

And I know the risks of unprotected sex and that I can still get pregnant, which was why i opted for the morning after pill. Slightly irresponsible I know, but I figured it was better than taking the chance.

Thanks, i might have a go with the cranberry juice for a few days and if it doesnt clear up, a trip to the gp might be in order :)
poker_allie
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:56 pm

I get cystisis a lot and it mine never clears up on it's own
As ragdoll says cranberry juice hleps and you can get over the counter medication
Drink lots of water to help flush it out and if it doesn't go with the chemist medicine you will need anti biotics
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby poker_allie » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:00 pm

I think I'll pop to the chemist this afternoon and begin a giant water drinking detox for a few days.

Any ideas as to the phantom need to pee?
poker_allie
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:15 pm

Yes it's the cystitis
It makes you want to go to wee and usually just a few drips come out and it feels like your are weeing through a razor blade :o
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby RagDoll » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:30 pm

Yep, as Bel Bel said, cystitis makes you feel the need to pee a lot. You can search for cystitis on the NHS website, it'll come up with symptoms, causes, cure etc. etc.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby poker_allie » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:33 pm

Thank you guys :D

Ive just taken so much new pills and things I wasn't sure if it was related to that.

And yes "weeing through a razor blade" is the best and most accurate description ever I think.

thank you again :)
poker_allie
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Physical