very embarassing problem

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

very embarassing problem

Postby Aliceinwonderlandx » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:46 pm

ok this is really embarassing and kinda disgusting :/ here goes
i noticed quite a few months ago some kind of scab/crust inside my belly button, i left it to heal and it did but the only thing i can think is that theres still some kind of infection in there. for months whenever i have checked, it has been really sticky inside and smells awful almost like feces. its come and gone for months now, i think i obviously need to see the doctor to confirm and treat it i just wondered if anyone could help me out on here or even if i could clear it without an embarrasing visit to the doctor. ive obviously ben trying to clean it out as much as i can, using baby ear buds and water then adding sudacrem to heal it. its not painfull in any way just annoying and embarassing :(
please help :( xxx
Aliceinwonderlandx
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: very embarassing problem

Postby Jo » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:41 am

I'm no expert but I do wonder whether or not all the cleaning might actually be making it worse, especially the buds and the sudocrem. I'd be tempted to leave it to it's own devices for a few weeks, I mean carry on washing yourself as normal but don't stick the buds in there and stop using the sudocrem. If it gets worse then definitely visit the docs. This is just me guessing what I'd do - I have no medical training at all so I suppose I'm just telling you what I'd tell my daughter if she was asking. Actually it's probably worth calling NHS direct before you go to the doctor.

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk
Jo
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:10 pm

The fact it has been going on a while I don't think you should leave it
Call NHS direct at least it's over the phone
However doctors deal with far worse things, trust me I work in a medical company and I could sell you something for every orrifce :o and worse than that show you pics of what they are looking for :o :P
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby rufio89 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:54 pm

I would also say go to your GP. If you're really embarrsed, see if there's a walk-in centre near you, at least then you wont need to see that doctor again!
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby spacegirl » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:06 pm

that doesn't sound very embarrassing at all to be honest! I know of course it's personal to you but i wouldn't be ashamed, speak to a pharmacist for advice, they usually have little spaces off to the side you can speak privately. i wouldn't leave it if it's been going a while. usually with infections they tell you to wash with clean warm water, try to avoid creams, sudocrem isn't a disinfectant or anything so it's probably making it worse, the would can't heal - altho again, i'm no expert so i'd suggest popping in to see a pharmacist or speaking to your gp. the will prob advise a course of antibiotics
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Aliceinwonderlandx » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:29 am

Thanks for all the comments, i think best thing is to just go to the gp, and hopefully clear it up. Thanks again :D
Aliceinwonderlandx
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Physical