Tragus Piercing

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Tragus Piercing

Postby PurePurple » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:44 pm

I got my tragus done yesterday, And i'm cleaning it with salt water at the minute (I've also heard tea tree oil is good too)
But my piercer wasnt particularly clear on how I can look after it properley as i've seen a lot of people have problems.

I've got a bar in at the minute so, do I need to twist it round or anything? Cos i've heard knocking it or touching it can increase healing time - But I can't help but move it if i'm cleaning it with a cotton bud..
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Tragus Piercing

Postby RagDoll » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:31 am

I got my tragus pierced years ago and it healed up ok. I got it done with a ring though and I'm sure the guy told me to keep twisting it around, but I'm not 100% anymore as it was so long ago. I think the main thing is you keep it nice and clean, which is sounds like you're doing anyhow... I wouldn't worry that you're moving it when your cleaning it up, that's probably a good thing.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby PurePurple » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:49 pm

Thanks for your reply :)
I clean it 2-3 times a day as recommended with salt water and then tea tree oil which stings so much! and I twist my bar after cleaning it and showering.
I was just worried because my ear is still really painful because of swelling, Do you know if there's anything I can do to reduce it?

I read somewhere in the first week it will swell and ooze blood and pus, but after 4 days mines okay, no blood or puss but very painful swelling.
I've knocked it a few times aswell - VERY painful haha.

How long did yours take to heal? On my aftercare sheet it said 2-3 months but i've seen as little as 2 months and as long as a year for healing times.

PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby RagDoll » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:02 am

Regarding the swelling, I doubt there is anything you can do about that - you just need to give it time to calm down a bit and heal. The swelling will go down by itself.

I didn't have too much of an issue with mine either in terms of it bleeding etc. It did take a while to heal though, I'm not entirely sure how long, I'd guess 3-5 months. I have never actually taken the ring out that it was pierced with, which is ridiculous considering I've had it done 8 years or so, haha. It refuses to budge tho!

You'll just have to make sure you keep it super clean and be patient and let it heal, there's not much else you can do. I can sympathise with knocking it tho - I got my right tragus pierced and not long after getting it done I picked up a ringing phone in a hurry and knocked the ring all the way up - ow!!!
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby PurePurple » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:50 am

I did that the other day haha!
Picked up the ringing phone and smacked it against my ear - OUCH! #-o

It's getting on my nerves now aswell because it keeps scabbing, which comes off when I clean it - But I have to move the bar through the scab which is the worst pain EVER haha and then it's sore afterwards for a while.
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Skarlet » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:06 am

Hi Purepurple,

you shouldn't need to twist the bar. And don't pick the scabs off too much, just clean the entrance holes with the saline solution. Also be careful with the cotton buds, they can leave fibres in the piercing. If you are unsure, might be worth going back to your piercer.

Skarlet
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby PurePurple » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:05 pm

I don't pick the scabs off because someone said they can go into the hole with your bar and cause infections, So I just clean it with saline solution.
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Physical