Any idea?

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Any idea?

Postby chosenfew » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:46 pm

Well...i went the gym last week and I forgot to take any body wash so decided to use the hand wash in the shower room. Since then my vagina has been quite sore. I had intercourse with my partner last night and even during foreplay I was really sore. Waking up this morning my partner has tiny red dots on the head of his penis and its quite sticky under the foreskin. I am going to doctors to get checked on monday but i'm scared it night be an s.t.i. Does anyone know if these are signs of any s.t.i's? I'm hoping its just thrush but not sure what the symptoms of this are for men x
chosenfew
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Re: Any idea?

Postby ILoveChristmas » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:04 am

HI Chosenfew,

The symptoms of thrush in men are exactly as you describe your partner as having. I've been unfortunate to have this myself in the past. The good news is that it usually clears up on its own, or for a speedier remedy you can use some of the thrush creams that are available.

I'd advise him to wash with plain water several times a day, making sure that he gets into all the little 'nooks and crannies' whilst he's there.
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:01 am

get some canestan cream, you can both use it
and i wouldn't recommend anymore sex until it's cleared up completely
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby chosenfew » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:54 am

Well I went and got checked out and I do have thrush. They gave me some internal cream and external cream that I had to use for seven days. Its been two weeks now and its still not clear. Its really itchy again and sore. Do you have any idea how long it normally lasts for? x
chosenfew
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Skarlet » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:48 am

Has your bf been treated to? If you have had sex and he hasn't been tested you could be getting it all over again.

Go back to your doctors if it's still an issue.

Skarlet
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby retrochav » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:18 pm

You have all the symptoms of thrush. This is a fungal overgrowth on the body. The body naturally has bacteria and fungus on it anyway, its perfectly harmless when in balance, they keep each other in check.

Soaps have a strong alkaline base, which is anti bacterial. This kills the good as well as bad bacteria. In moist areas such as the vagina, under arms, penis and groin area there is more naturally occuring fungal activity as its moist and warm. Using soap will kill the bacteria and bingo - thrush!

Canestan cream on the vagina and penis will treat the infection. A pessary will clear the internal infection. Both of you should wear loose cotton underwear for a while - boxer shorts are ideal for you both. Ideally dont wear tight fitting trousers.

Have warm baths without soap based or perfumed products. A shower or plain bath will still wash away sweat - so unless you do really manual jobs, bubble bath isnt essential really.

Making love can pass the infection back and forth between you.

It would be worth chatting with the doctor to confirm that it is thrush, it certainly sounds symptomatic of it. It isnt sexually transmitted at all, but it could be worth a check up just to ensure we arent mistaking the sypmtoms.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby chosenfew » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:40 pm

Hi retrochav. Thanks for your reply. As iv stated above, I have been checked out and it is thrush. I got internal cream and external but the symptoms have not gone. I will contact the clinic again in the morning to see if there is anything more they can give me. Thanks :) x
chosenfew
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:44 pm

You can get oral tablets from the chemist, about £15. The creams don't work for me due to the shape of my cervix, thrush gets caught on a ledge which I can't reach to get cream to treat.
Also you must get your partner treated too
Wash all your towels etc once you finished treatment too, just a precaution
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby snail » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:19 pm

That's interesting, Bel. I can see the usefulness of having a ledge up there; you could keep all sorts of things on it. I think I'd keep my keys and a packet of chocolate on my cervical ledge :-k
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby RagDoll » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:31 pm

snail wrote:That's interesting, Bel. I can see the usefulness of having a ledge up there; you could keep all sorts of things on it. I think I'd keep my keys and a packet of chocolate on my cervical ledge

The mental images that has conjured up are not good!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby chosenfew » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:48 pm

I went back today and they have gave me more internal and external cream. They have not mentioned the tablet although I have seen that in boots. My partner is going the doctors tomorrow to get himself sorted! Hopefully this time round it will work! Thanks :) x
chosenfew
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby peecee » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:05 pm

Thrush usually does take around 7 days to clear up - sometimes it's more stubborn, depending on your state of health at the time! And it does have a tendency to come back, so it's a good idea to try and find what triggers it in you personally.

btw, you don't have to spend a fortune on the Canesten tablet, though, Boots do their own brand, and Tesco do an even cheaper one.

I'm sure Snail knew that, because she goes to Tesco every day to bulk-buy slabs of chocolate... :roll:
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby chosenfew » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:22 pm

A few things could have triggered it really. Just before I got it I changed my pill, my washing powder and I used hand soap on my bits oops not such a good idea now. Iv never had thrush before so its gotta be something! x
chosenfew
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby ILoveChristmas » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:43 am

Hand soaps, particularly perfumed ones, can be a major cause of thrush.

It was almost certainly the cause of it for me. I stopped using soap on that particular area and hey presto, i've never had a recurrence of it.
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby chosenfew » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:56 pm

My boyfriend cant get an appointment at the doctors until friday evening and we need this sorting sooner. Does anyone know if I can buy anything for his over the counter? I went to boots and they said they one sell stuff for women :-S x
chosenfew
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Next

Return to Physical