Sleepwalking

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Sleepwalking

Postby DollyMixture » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:56 am

Just a short post this time but it concerns something that has been bothering me for a while. I was wondering if anyone had heard of it or experienced this before, and whether it's something to worry about.
I've recently discovered that when I am faced with a stressful situation to deal with, or am going through an emotional time in my life (such as now when I'm recovering from a break-up), I tend to find that I sleepwalk. Or at least I think I do, I wake up in various places in the house. Sometimes it's on my floor, or even downstairs. One night I woke up on the couch when I distinctly remember going to bed.
My parents have told me that I sometimes (not always), make noises during these episodes, and have even shouted in my sleep, crying and shielding myself from them when they try and help me. I don't remember ever doing this so I must have done it subconciously.
Would this be described as a night terror? Or is this common in sleepwalking? I'm a little worried because it seems to be getting worse as I get older. I was thinking about looking into medical help but I'm not sure, do you think it's serious enough for that?
Any help would be appreciated, thank you. :)
DollyMixture
Just Landed
Just Landed

Sleepwalking

Postby Skarlet » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:39 am

Hi Dollymixture,

When I am stressed I also act out my dreams, (I dream about insects climbing all over the bed) whichcan be pretty scary.

I don't know if they are nightterrors, but that was my term for them. You could always ask to be referred to the sleep clinic at your local hospital.

Skarlet
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Sleepwalking

Postby snail » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:38 am

It does sound like classic sleepwalking. I think I would at least consult your GP; get some advice (you need to know how to keep safe while sleepwalking) and get it put on your records.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:43 pm

I used to sleep walk and it was always after stress. I left the house when I was 5, naked :o , and my mum had to call me back saying dinner was ready
I also woke up by the washing basket having removed my pyjamas and put on a pair on my mums tights.
All you describe sounds exactly like sleep walking
It's important your mum and dad son't touch you or try to wake you but talk you back to bed if they find you.
Go to the doctor as you may need something to help deal with the stress but also consider how to deal with it long term wiht relaxing activities such as yoga, a good night time routine (bath, relaxing music, reading, dull lights)
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby max » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:46 pm

Hi
People who are somnambulist are very good subject for hypnosis (hypnotherapy). Not only they can learn to control this behaviour but they can do lot of things with hypnosis! I believe this behaviour is kind of a gift for those people who want to explore the amazing world of hypnosis.(this is just my opinion)

For any medical problems people must consult GP.
max
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Physical