Ovarian cyst?

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Ovarian cyst?

Postby Lust » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:51 am

It's just one thing after another!

I'm getting a little worried now as I have missed 2 or 3 periods and have stabbing pains in my pelvis where I think my right ovary is. The pain isn't constant, but is very sudden, one minute I can be fine, the next it's like I'm being stabbed. I self diagnosed myself with ibs as I have had loose bm for a few months now but don't know if I am right. When pressure is put onto my stomach, it really hurts and I can get sudden fever like symptoms where I'm suddenly nauseous and my temperature rockets. I'm going to go to the doctors on Tuesday hopefully but just wondered what you guys make of my symptoms?
Lust
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Ovarian cyst?

Postby rufio89 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:09 am

Are you on the pill?

I had similar problems when I was on the mini-pill and when I run pill packets together.

I also had really bad ovulation pains on one side when I was off the pill (I got it alternate months) and it turned out one of my tubes is quite a lot narrower than the other.

But obviously, as you are doing, the doctor is the best person to speak to.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Lust » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:17 am

I have been on the pill before but I stopped about a year and a half ago so doubt it's linked to that :-/
Lust
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby ennis81 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:22 am

How old are you? Have you had children? and have you had regular smear tests if it applies to you?? Bit strange to have skipped a few peroids in a row
ennis81
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby snail » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:33 am

You've been under a lot of emotional stress though - that can really screw the body up. I missed 3 periods in a row in my twenties during a particularly stressful time (definitely wasn't pregnant).

You don't have to tell the doc you've been in a relationship with a woman, but do emphasise that you haven't had sex with a man in at least a year or she's bound to immediately assume you're pregnant.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lust » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:40 am

Ennis, im 18 and have no children.

My doctor knows about my relationship with a woman, that whole situation is actually alright at the minute, after hearing what my ex had to say, I had flowers sent to her house which she loved and we've been speaking again so in general, I'm actually quite happy and have been for about a week so I'm not sure about it. My doctors is closed on Mondays so can't go today, I just want to be properly checked over and not just hear "it could be your pills so come back if it gets worse" as I've been back twice now so going to demand a proper check up
Lust
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby ennis81 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:44 am

Like snail said make it clear to the doc that you haven't had sex with a man, It could be down to stress alright, but I think you should demand an abdominal scan or a smear test to put your mind at rest. The stabbing pains sound strange, are you eating normally or have you recently lost or gained a lot of weight?
Delighted that things are going better with your friend and that your happier :wink:
ennis81
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Lust » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:51 am

I've been having periods since I was 10 and have never missed, which is why I'm a bit confused. My weight is ok... I'm 5"2 and weigh about 7 stone 5 which is actually the heaviest I've been. I eat better now then I ever have and horse ride, so I think I'm reasonably healthy
Lust
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby ennis81 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:00 pm

Right, sometimes weight can affect periods but its obviously nothing to do with that.
Just go to the doctors on tuesday and insist on a proper check up , do not be fobbed off, it could just be a bad cyst but still needs to be properly checked out. They probably won't suggest a smear due to you not being sexually active with a male and your age, but a scan would probably be the best option since you have always had a regular cycle and experienced no problems before.
Hopefully its not serious try not to worry yourself :wink:
ennis81
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby rufio89 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:33 pm

Dont forget Lust that with stress related problems that they dont necessarily go away just because you stop being stressed - it can often take weeks or months for your body to get back to normal, so bear that in mind.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:55 pm

I have to say knowing you can't be pregnant I would say it sounds like a cyst issue. You may need a small op (laparoscopy) for them to check what's going on, although some ultrasounds will pick it up depending on the problem. My was a cyst and a blocke fallopian tube so although they left the cyst they had to unblock the tube.
So yes get down the doctors and let us know how you get on.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Lust » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:54 am

Ok so I went to the doctors this morning and told her everything, she immediately assumed pregnancy but as she knows my history, knew I wasn't. She felt my tummy and I said it was sore when she pressed down, same with my breasts as she checked them too. I'm being sent for a smear, blood tests and some other tests at hospital. Just need to make the appointment but can't till Thursday as I'm off today to Cardiff to their university open day. My doctor was very confused as to the whereabouts of my periods. I'm also being weaned off my ADs slowly but if I feel bad again she assured me she will try something else with me
Lust
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Jess1234 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:30 pm

Glad to hear your doctor has taken things seriously and sent you for tests. Book the appointments as soon as possible as there may be a long waiting list for some of them. Let us know how things go! =)

Jess xx
~ Vision is knowing who you are, where you are going, and what will guide your journey ~
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Lust » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:47 pm

I went to the hospital this morning and had 7 lots of blood taken, checking things like hormone levels, liver, kidney, iron, glucose and some other things. The nurse had a problem getting my vein and I'm already a bit scared of needles, so the rummaging around she did in my arm didn't make me feel too good and by the time the blood was taken, I fainted. Had to be kept in for half an hour while they made sure I could stand and walk ok, I felt so embarrassed about it, but the nurse was sympathetic and looked after me.

However I thought I was also having a smear done today, but was told I won't actually be able to have it until the 19th :-/

How long do you think it will be before I hear my results?
Lust
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:50 pm

It's usually max a week. Ring the doctors in a weeks time and ask if they have your results.

Don't worry about fainting they are used to it, it happens all the time in these places.

Let us know too
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Next

Return to Physical