please answer ASAP...i'm worried!!

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

please answer ASAP...i'm worried!!

Postby Jemima » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:01 pm

hey, being rather neurotic, i'm sure you will all agree with me when i say that i'm probably overreacting.
I went round to my friend's house yesterday along with one of my other friends.i was round there from about 11:15am to 5:00pm and everything was fine until this morning when i found out that one of my friends has been sick numerous times in the night. Being an emetophobe...this is not good news! i sat next to her on my friend's bed for pretty much most of yesterday, but i lent away from her (for some reason, my gut was telling me to) but at one point i measured my hand against hers, then about an hour later i ate some bread using my hands without having washed them.
Please, someone tell me the chances of me catching this because its christmas eve and i dont want to have to worry about it over christmas!! do you think i will catch it, or are the chances only small???
Jemima
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: please answer ASAP...i'm worried!!

Postby chosenfew » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:25 pm

I really don't know if this question can be answered I think it's just a 'wait and see'. Someone could be sitting across the room from someone Ill and catch it yet someone sitting right on top of them will not. I wouldn't worry about it too much and I know it's Christmas eve but I think if your gonna have caught it off your friend it will already be in your system and there's not much you can now do. Hope your ok thou and have a good Christmas :) x
chosenfew
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Jemima » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:53 pm

ok, do you know how long it will be until i start showing the symptoms? if i am going to be ill will i be ill tonight or tomorrow or tomorrow night ? (just so i can give myself the all clear if i'm not ill!) xxx
Jemima
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby snail » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:44 pm

It's just not possible to say. She might well have had food poisoning or a digestive problem and not anything infectious at all anyway - these are more common causes of vomiting than infectious illnesses. You can't control these things so try not to worry; whatever happens you will cope just fine even if you don't think you will.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby chosenfew » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:07 pm

I'd say if your not sick tonight then you'll be fine. Normally if someone has a bug that they pass on you'll have already been sick if you were around them a few days ago. Don't worry :) enjoy Christmas x x
chosenfew
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Physical