Wisdom tooth of DOOM

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Wisdom tooth of DOOM

Postby Tarantula » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:36 pm

Hi, has anyone else experienced problems with a wisdom tooth coming through? Apparently it's fairly common, but I'm in agony! The gum around it has all swollen up and I can't close my mouth properly.

AND at the same time, I developed a sore throat, my neck glands have swollen up again and I have two tongue ulcers that sting like a female dog. And I hve a cold sore on my lip.

Is it possible that the tooth is infected (it's hidden by a flap of gum in the back of my mouth) and that the infection has spread throughout my entire mouth/throat area?? I also feel really lethargic, much like having a fever. And eating? Forget it, too painful.

Because I live in Middle Earth, no dentists' are open on the weekends, so I'm gonna go somewhere on Monday and not leave until either someone sorts me out or I have to go back to campus for a seminar. :(

It really is very painful.
Tarantula
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Re: Wisdom tooth of DOOM

Postby snail » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:20 pm

It's possible it's infected but it's more likely just coming through a bit. You may also have a sore throat bug at the same time as well, totally coincidentally. Have a look here for help:

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1776.aspx?C ... goryID=742
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wisdom tooth of DOOM

Postby LemonJuice87 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:38 pm

I had this when I found out I was Pregnant. Luckily for you, you dont have to suffer because of 'Health in Pregnant women guidlines'

Its possibly an infection around the flap of gum area, because you cant get your toothbrush right under there. Either because its just simply not possible or it hurts to much.

See your Dentist asap, dont leave untill they give you something and use straws to drink!!! Keep hydrated!!
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Physical