gallstones are making my life hell

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

gallstones are making my life hell

Postby perfectlyunique » Mon May 23, 2011 1:56 pm

Hi ,
i have recently been diagnosed with having gallstones as ive been having attacks quite regular and even had to ring an amulance.I had my first attack over 10 years ago. it trully is horrific pain and a hell of alot worse then giving birth! the surgeon said id have to have my gallbladder removed to avoid all fatty foods. im currently waiting now can be up to 12 weeks. its been 4 already. i was wondering what are things like after removal can you eat fattening foods again,do you have any pain and also is there anyone who has there story to share.

i still cant believe the pain it causes when having an attack its so bad i cant speak and i sweat i cant do anything and it hurts to breathe. when im not having an attack they hurt all the time i can feel them in my back and i heat up like a radiator at night times .im on codydramol, ibuprofen and buscopan for the pain but to be honest it doesnt help that much. any1 suffered with this?
perfectlyunique
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: gallstones are making my life hell

Postby perfectlyunique » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:34 pm

anyone??
perfectlyunique
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:52 pm

My friend was suffering like you and just had her gallbladder removed. So far so good. It was keyhole so really minimal scaring.
She found it was better to eat very little and oftena dn avoid starchy foods as well as fatty things. Ie. bread, potatoes, pasta, cheese, butter, biscuits etc
However chips seemed fine!!!!!
Hope this helps
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby perfectlyunique » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:47 pm

thanks for replying. this is honestly the worsed pain ive ever been in and there getting worse each day. The things that make me in pain are crisps and biscuits and creamy sauces. Im due to have my gallbladder out in 2 days.really scared but will be out of pain at least :)
perfectlyunique
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby peecee » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:15 pm

Did you have the op, petal? Give us an update when you feel up to it! :)

xxxxxxxxxxx
Pee
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Physical