Stretch Marks

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Stretch Marks

Postby Messi10 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:34 am

Hey new on here and only really came on to ask this question as it has really been getting me worried lately. I have stretch marks and I am a 19 year old male. I've been reading up on google about it and stuff and that boys do get stretch marks. The thing I am worrying about is will they ever go away if I lose weight? Also I am going on holiday very soon and obviously I would like to go swimming but I don't want people seeing my marks on my hips and a wee bit up my side. What should I do? Wear a t shirt? Or just go in normal and no one will care?
Messi10
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Stretch Marks

Postby jen » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:48 am

Hiya

Firstly stretchmarks are very common in men as well as women. My huisband has them on his stomach and my ex partner
used to have them down his sides. They usually occur when weight is put on or lost in quite a short period of time.

The bad news is that they never go away. They will however fade. They don't completely disappear but they do fade to a sort of silvery colour.

I have them everywhere because i gained a lot of weight and now i've lost most of it. Some of them i can barely notice but the bigger/deeper ones are still kinda noticible but only really to me because i'm looking for them.

Sorry if i haven't been much help. As i said, they will fade and with regards to going swimming etc, i say just go for it. You're only human like everyone else.
Formerly irnbrubar
jen
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Physical