Questions about thrush

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Questions about thrush

Postby bethd_15 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:35 pm

This might seem a bit of a random question but I've got thrush at the moment; it's not bad at all and I've been using cream. But I was wondering if it's possible to pass it on to your boyfriend if he fingers you?
bethd_15
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Questions about thrush

Postby snail » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:55 pm

He won't get a thrush infection on his fingers, if that's what you mean. You only get thrush in moist places, like genitals or mouths, and then only if something has happened (a change in the surroundings, or the immune system not working properly, something like that). His fingers might damage you if you're sore there though, and make it worse. Or did you mean he might touch himself and pass it on to his own genitals? If so, he should wash his hands afterwards but even if he didn't it's unlikely he'd pass it on to himself. It isn't contagious as such - thrush needs the right conditions before it can grow.

This is more of a physical question so I might move the thread to Physical if that's OK with you Beth.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Questions about thrush

Postby bethd_15 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:23 pm

That's fine, thank you for the help! :D
bethd_15
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Physical