Losing The Belly

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Losing The Belly

Postby Messi10 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:44 pm

Hey I am 19 years old and have a bit of abelly and stretch marks? But I ain't fat? If that makes any sense. I have a belly and have big upper legs too and I want to lose all that. I know the stretch marks won't completely go away but I know why will fade won't they? I also heard drinking lots of water helps too. I am trying to eat alot of fruit and veg now also all my main meals. Like I will have my breakfast which is weetabix, are they good for you? For lunch I used to ha e alot of microwaveable stuff but now I am having salads. For dinner I just have what usual families have at that time and for snacks I am trying to eat fruit and veg too. Finally I am staying off the alcohol too and only drinking water. It is really hard. But my questions are... Should I keep doing this? Will I lose the belly? Should I do some exercise? Like weekly or daily? Push ups? Sit ups? Go for walks or runs?

If Anyone can help I would be really grateful
Messi10
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Losing The Belly

Postby Ticktock » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Yes the stretch marks will fade with time, you are young they may be almost invisible.

Weetabix is fine, just remember to always have breakfast, stops snacking during the morning.

Good idea to get rid of the microwavable stuff, lots of salt, salads are fine.

The trick is portion size and everything in moderation, most people your age try to do this in a rush, live on water and salads and die slowly of boredom! You are allowed anything, so chocolate by the chuck and a glass or two of alcohol, but in small amounts. Take what your family usually dishes up and halve it, if you have a mother like mine it is usually twice what you need.

Exercise regularly rather than strenuously, so a walk everyday rather than once a week killing yourself in the gym. Find something you can enjoy doing with someone else so it is more a social activity.

Weigh yourself once a week maximum, the body adjusts a pound or two everyday once one way or another and feeling like you are losing the battle makes it harder to continue.

The thing to remember is you want this to stick so you are changing your lifestyle not looking for a quickfix. People only change overnight in magazines, the reality will be that you should see a noticeable improvement in about 3-6 months.
Ticktock
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Losing The Belly

Postby Messi10 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:40 pm

Might start going for a run or a cycle everyday too. Start getting up earlier too.
Messi10
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Physical