18 and grey hairs!

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

18 and grey hairs!

Postby rebekah » Thu May 03, 2012 8:41 pm

Im 18 and I have looooads of grey hairs! The hairdresser said to get a certain box dye and I will but will this cover them up? I hateeee them!
rebekah
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: 18 and grey hairs!

Postby highlandcow » Thu May 03, 2012 8:51 pm

It might do. I'd get a good brand though, or get it done at the hairdressers rather than over the kitchen sink. :roll:

Sounds like it could be stress related though. Is there anything stressful going on for you at the moment? Or is it running in your family?
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby rufio89 » Thu May 03, 2012 10:28 pm

I wouldnt worry about it too much! I had quite a lot of grey hairs at 16, I'm 23 and it's not much worse now but I think people stress about grey too much! Most at-home hair dyes will tell you on the box whether they cover greys.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Fri May 04, 2012 10:59 am

I would highly recommend Nice and Easy "root touch up". I just have to do the top of my head and it's so much easier than doing a full head of hair. There colours blend with most of the other major brands too. It tells you on the box what they match with
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby rebekah » Sun May 06, 2012 2:30 pm

i think its just genetic unfortunately :( my dad went bald at the age of 19! I was going to buy a box dye but I think I will get it done properly in the hairdressers.. Thanks for that recommendation ill keep it in mind :) Its not my roots though there is loads of random grey dead hair all over my head and it seems to just be getting worse!

I have another question, if I dye my hair a dark redish colour would it cover the grey? And will it fade easily in the sun cos i plan on dying it right before i go away :/ ?
rebekah
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Thu May 24, 2012 3:17 pm

Your hair will dry out a bit if you dye it just before holiday, better to do it a couple of weeks before
If you use a permanent dye the sun shouldn't fade it and it will cover the grey
Get advise from the hairdresser on colours for your hair type
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Physical