Morning after pill needed?

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Morning after pill needed?

Postby Nomad » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:15 pm

Does anyone have advice on this.

I finally took the plunge and started dating my best friend last month. Best decision ever. It is a wonderful thing and I feel so lucky to have found such a connection with someone. (we are 38 and 42)

Anyway, that part is not so relevant. Last night, at long last, we slept together. Being so mad about each other is no excuse, but we did what I'm sure many of you have done occasionally too and lost all control of our common sense... we went protection free. He didn’t come (we had a little sense left!), however I am more than aware that there is always the mini risk of pre-come hanging about, and it is still possible to get pregnant. Normally I wouldn’t worry too much (I know many people who have successfully combined ‘family planning’ method with ‘withdrawal’ for years and not got pregnant), however it was literally ovulation day in my cycle – could not have been more on the money if I tried!

Do you think that I should take precautions (morning after pill), just to be on the safe side? We do not want to get pregnant. Or is the chance really very tiny?

Thank you for your thoughts everyone.
Nomad
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Re: Morning after pill needed?

Postby snail » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:07 pm

Well it's really down to how you feel about taking the risk. The chance IS very small indeed - current thinking is that there are not living sperm present before ejaculation. But is any chance at all too much for you? It has to be your decision based on how you feel about the options.

Congratulations by the way :D
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Morning after pill needed?

Postby Nomad » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:11 pm

Thanks snail - I guess precaution is always better, but interesting to read the current thinking. And thank you for your congratulations too :)
Nomad
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to Physical