painful periods and the pill?????

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter
timetomakechanges
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

painful periods and the pill?????

Post by timetomakechanges » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:18 pm

Everytime i get my period i am physically sick, sumtimes faint and have really bad cramps. My doctor gave me some extra strong pain killers, and tablets for the sickness, but she told me if things didn't get better i would have to og on the pill. I am no longer sick but the cramps are bad and my periods are unpredictable but on the whole thigs are better. But im unsure of the pill. I want to go on it in zsome ways because it will stop the pain, but i'm a bit worried. I have heard mixed things about the pill. Someone told me since i'm 16 and still developing it could impede my development and could stop me having kids when i'm older, so I was put off. I was then thinking it'd be a good thing, because someone told me that it can make you develop more, and there boobs grew and they grew hips too which for me woyld be great be cause i'm flat chested, hav no hips and i feel like a boy, i'm unsure if any of these hings are true could anyone explain please :)

V23
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Post by V23 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:57 am

The pill should regulate your periods and also lighten the flow. It wont stop you having kids when you're older, the pill doesn't make you infertile, in fact your fertility returns to it's 'normal' state as soon as you stop taking it.
If you take the combined pill there is a possiblity that your breasts will grow (because of the oestrogen in it).

There are also lots of kinds of pill so I'm sure you and your doctor can discuss one which suits you. :D

PinkPrincess
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by PinkPrincess » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:03 pm

I've been on the pill for years and I've had no problems at all. The reason my doctor gave it to me was because I was 18 and still hadn't started my periods but now I use it as contriception. I think it's really good coz my periods are really light and don't hurt at all. Also they're totally predictable and I know the exact day I'm going to come on because there's a 7 day break every thee weeks. It's also good when you go on holiday coz you can choose not to have the break if your period happens to be the same time and go straight onto the next packet. (Although you shouldn't do that all the time). It cleared up my ache too!

If you do decided to take it then your doctor will do checks before, like your blood pressure and weight to make sure it won't be harmful. My doctor put me on a 3 month trial at first to make sure it was okay before giving me a years supply. Everyone's different and there are loads of different types of pill so just talk to your doctor coz he'll know what's best for you.