Tampons

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter
Kelly123
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Tampons

Post by Kelly123 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:36 pm

I'm a virgin. I have tried to use tampons but it is always uncomfortable and sometimes painful and only once have I managed to get the tube in but it felt wrong so I took it out without using the tampon. Is it just a matter of trying until it works and doesn't hurt or do I just ignore the pain and keep pushing and use the tampon?
Is there really only the one hole for it to go up? The reason for it feeling uncomfortable couldnt be that its in the wrong place could it?

PinkPrincess
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by PinkPrincess » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:50 pm

It's not suppose to hurt. I can't usually feel it at all. Check out the leaflet that comes with them to make sure you're doing right. Relax and take your time coz if your tense then your muscles will tighten and it will make it really difficult. Try using the ones with an applicator, I find them much easier. You can also get ones that have gel on them as well so they go in more smoothly. I don't think it's possible to get it in the wrong hole as the one you pee out of is really small and you wouldn't be able to get the tampon in at all. Just keep practising and you'll get the hang of it. Hope that helps.

Kelly123
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Kelly123 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:29 pm

Thanks PinkPrincess. its the one near the back isn't it?
I guess I'm just going to have to keep trying. I will certainly look out for the gel ones. Who makes them?

V23
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Post by V23 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:35 pm

Li-lets (is that how you spell it???) make a gel covered tampon but they're not with an applicator (but definately the best tampons imo).
Just make sure you relax when you try to put one in, it's usually difficult the first few times but you'll get used to it (you shouldn't be able to fel it when it's in the right place)

Good luck :)

Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Post by Moose » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:10 pm

Kelly, I couldn't use tampons at all until I'd lost my virginity. I tried and tried but I just couldn't, and it really hurt! Once I'd 'lost it' though, tampons were fine, and I'd never go back to using towels now!

Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Post by Jess1234 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:37 pm

Just read the instructions on the packet and relax! I find that ones with aplicactors are much easier. The first time i tried it really hurt and i had to take it out but now its just easy.
~ Vision is knowing who you are, where you are going, and what will guide your journey ~

Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Liquidius » Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:08 pm

Ah, I couldnt use them until I lost my virginity - after that it was fine! Just be patient, and keep trying. Make sure you're relaxed too :)

peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by peecee » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:25 pm

The first time I tried them, it took nearly an hour, because I was so nervous, everything just clenched up! I read the instructions until I knew them backwards; it worked eventually, and I felt SOOOO grown up! :P Never had any problems with them since.

btw, they can't go in the wrong place, and they can't get lost. You may not insert it deeply enough, but you will know because it feels uncomfortable. You shouldn't feel it at all.

We all go through it! Good luck.

xxxxxxxxx
Shine your light and let the whole world see.

PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by PurePurple » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:15 pm

Ive always wondered, why cant you use them if you havent lost your virginity?

V23
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Post by V23 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:33 pm

You can I think it's just that some poeple tense up so much that they find it impossible to relax when putting them in (I cannot think of the way to word this correctly, I think it's obvious where I could go with this sentence :wink: )
I used them before I lost my virginity but it wasn't easy the first few attempts!

_Pixie89_
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by _Pixie89_ » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:27 pm

V23 wrote:You can I think it's just that some poeple tense up so much that they find it impossible to relax when putting them in (I cannot think of the way to word this correctly, I think it's obvious where I could go with this sentence :wink: )
I used them before I lost my virginity but it wasn't easy the first few attempts!

i also managed to use them before i lost my virginity it felt weird at first but then i got used to it after a while. just gotta relaz while yuo first try to put it in, n it should go in fine.
I still believe it when you say it's another perfect day ...

PinkPrincess
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by PinkPrincess » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:56 pm

Yeah the ones with gel are by li-lets. I think some people find it easier to put them in once they've lost their virginity is because they've kind of got a better idea of where abouts it goes. That doesn't mean to say that you can't use them before tho. I think they're so much better. I think they're a lot less hassel than towels and I feel cleaner too.

LME79

Post by LME79 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:53 pm

Make sure you're using the right absorbency as well. If you use a higher absorbency than your blood flow (eeeeyuk, I hate that phrase) then it may feel slightly painful.
I want to be..a tree..