Water?

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Water?

Postby tourguide_barbie » Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:27 am

Hiya Peeps,
Just a quick, rather silly question.
I am on a diet and as a result of that I have been drinkin alot more water instead of coke etc..
However when i have been running out of bottled water I have been drinking from the tap I was just wondering does this have any affect on your body? As I'm sure its not fully cleaned? I don't even know?
Can anyone enlighten me?
Love TGB xXx
tourguide_barbie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby kitten » Mon Feb 03, 2003 12:44 pm

I have been drinking tap water all my life and I am fine!

The water companies provide us with drinking water through the taps that is their job.
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bubble » Mon Feb 03, 2003 4:38 pm

Hey hun
I also drink tap water and am fine. But on occasion we use a water filter, and you can see the difference.
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Enigma » Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:41 pm

Well, unless you believe that there's a conspiracy in place:

Fluoride is put in tap water only in some parts of the UK. The idea is to prevent tooth decay. In small amounts, fluoride does help to get stronger teeth. If the concentration is too high, then in the long run it leads to osteoporosis.

Flouride was originally used in the water of concentration camps in Germany, to subdue the prisoners against uprising against authority.

I don't think this is a very re-assuring post for you lol.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Aldo » Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:54 pm

i never drink out of the tap water. I dunno why, I used to. I dont see a big problem with it though. I boil my water. however there are certain cases when I wouldnt drink from it....ie in a toilet!
If you dont ask you will never know
Aldo
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby smile » Tue Feb 04, 2003 10:32 am

I used to drink from the tap but we found out that it wasn't very clean. I now use bottled water. If I look closely in our tap water there are little bits floating around in it. However when I do go round someelse's house I use tap mostly. I've been told my water is dirty all the way down my road! Yuck!! :o
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby tourguide_barbie » Tue Feb 04, 2003 3:11 pm

ewwww.. well i think it's ok to use occasionally which i am doin.. so there shoild be no harm.. hopefully!! :o
Love TGB xXx
tourguide_barbie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby smile » Tue Feb 04, 2003 3:39 pm

Hehe, I know, its pretty disgusting. We've phoned up the water company and they said there's nothing they can do as it would cost so much money to fix. Bottled water it is then! :D Fine by me, I wouldn't drink our tap water even if it was fixed!
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Aldo » Tue Feb 04, 2003 11:38 pm

why dont you just boil it and then let it cool? we have 2 water jugs, and we just fill it with semi hot (not a good idea to pour boling hot water in a plastic jug by the way) water and let it cool. Probably better than bottled water I think.
If you dont ask you will never know
Aldo
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby smile » Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:39 am

Good idea Aldo, we do have a water filter thing and use that all the time instead of the kettle but it's worth a try.

smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby LeeD » Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:59 am

But dont drink to much water as it could kill you. OK you do have do drink a lot of it to kill you, but drinking a lot of water flushes your imune system away, so just be carefull on how much you drink.
LeeD
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby KoRn_Freak » Sun Apr 06, 2003 5:46 pm

The required ammount of water is 6-8 glasses a day. I wouldn't try and gulp down pint after pint: stick to an ammount in a glass that you can handle. And as LeeD said, too much water can be bad for you. It's better to drink the 8 glasses in summer, I stick to 5 or 6 in winter because it's too cold lol. As far as clealiness is concerned, if you find bits in the water from the tap, I'd boil it and let it cool. I'm too lazy to do that so I just drink it the way it is, bitty or not!!
KoRn_Freak
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby *~Christina~* » Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:40 am

:D I think you'll be fine!

Drinking tap water isn't a big deal. I drink filtered water but there's nothing wrong with drinking tap water!
*~Christina~*
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Physical