Period over three weeks late....

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter
Jennie_2003
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Period over three weeks late....

Post by Jennie_2003 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:54 am

My last period was around 5th December and I haven't any sign of one since. I did a pregnancy test on Tuesday and it was negative but still nothing. The only things I can think might affect it is I have been on Weightwatchers for the last few weeks and lost 6 and a 1/2 pound and I have read that dieting can affect your period. If I make a doctors appointment, do they do the same test as I did at home? This is the latest my period has EVER been and am panicking a bit now. Should I wait a few weeks and do another test or make a doctors appointment?
"To alcohol!! The cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems!!!" - Homer Simpson

PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by PurePurple » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:19 pm

Urmmm, One time i had a month when i was on my period, then i was off the next month and so on.
They are very irregular, so i wouldn't worry about it. but if you dont get another one for a while i'd suggest to see your doctor about it.

Good Luck
Bethh
x

Angela.1
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Post by Angela.1 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:27 pm

Hi Jennie,

Don't panic just yet. Do you have any other signs of pregnancy? Are your breasts painful? Have you noticed any major changes in the way things smell? Have you experienced nausea at any time of the day? Have you gone off certain foods or drinks, such as tea or baked beans?

Your period being late can be a sign of pregnancy, but it tends to come with other symptoms as well, like the stuff I've mentioned above.

Changing your diet can cause yur period to become severely irregular whilst your body adjusts to the new regime.

I figure that, if you were pregnant, you would be around six weeks, more than enough time for a prenancy test to give you a positive result and more than enough time for the physical symptoms to kick in.

If you haven't come on in the next few days, I would advise you see your doctor just to make sure, the test is pretty much the same, but they examine you as well.

Otherwise, I would speak to the people at weight-watchers, to let them know how your body is being affected by the new diet.

By the way, WELL DONE FOR LOSING 6 1/2 POUNDS. VERY IMPRESSIVE

Let us know how you get on.

V23
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Post by V23 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:37 am

Stress can delay your period (well ovulation) as well as other things so I'd try not to worry. Dieting can affect periods but it's usually dramatic weight loss that does this so if you're concerned about pregnancy then I'd go to your GP and ask them to do a blood test. They can just do urine tests (as you've done) but will do a blood pregnancy test (HCG may be too low to appear on a urine test)