Attracted to girls?

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Attracted to girls?

Postby MFer_93 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:03 am

I'm only 13, but i'm begining to be atracted to girls.

I love watching the l word on living tv, and really like the woman in it called shane. I've also began to think that other girls are nice looking.

I've been told that everyone goes through this phase, and i hope that it is just that, but i've been with my boyfriend who i love, for over a year, and i dont want it to wreck my relationship.

I dont know what to do, help please
MFer_93
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby chat noir » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:21 pm

it's perfectly natural to find other girls attractive even if you dont want to be with them or anything. I went through the same thing, even convinced myself I was bi until I met my boyfriend and all feelings for girls went away...kinda strange! but yes, you're only 13 and your hormones are probably everywhere so I wouldnt worry. these people on tv are just on tv so its not like theyre gonna wreck your relationship with your boyf :)

x
chat noir
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Moose » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:37 pm

Chat Noir is right, and so are you - it is common to go through a phase of finding other girls attractive. Sometimes the phases end, and sometimes they aren't phases. It's too early to tell with you at this stage.

Fancying Shane from the L Word is also not unusual - she is gorgeous! She also carries off the androgynous look well, which can make it confusing even for straight girls.

Have a look at some of these other similar topics that have been posted on this website, to see what sort of things other people are experiencing.

Confused about sexuality

Am I Weird?

Am I Bi?

This is also a really good website to have a look through.
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby MFer_93 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:50 pm

Thank you for your help. Maybe i'll just fancy shane all my life, she's just got that thing about her....anyway :lol: , yeah, thanks for your advice, i'll just wait it out, see if this feeling goes or not.

Thanks again :)
MFer_93
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby all_apologies » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:23 pm

I'd advise at this stage that you don't analyse it too much. It's a bit of a waiting game. If it is just a phase, it'll pass. Maybe it is just a Shane thing. As Moose mentioned, Shane has an androgynous look that men and women fall alike fall for. Even in the show, she attracts both gay and straight women and gay and straight men! It seems a lot of people find her very appealing even if this goes against how they identify sexually, so there are lots of people in the same boat as you!

If it's not a phase, again it'll probably take a bit more time for you to realise. I know that a few of us on problempages started to become attracted to girls at around your age and could only really be certain about it after it had gone on for a few years.

Don't be scared either way. It may be the case that you're just having your eyes opened to the possibility so your mind's toying with the idea of finding girls attractive. Or, if do find that this attraction continues and extends to other girls too, there are lots of us on here who've been through it and can offer guidance!
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tempest » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:50 pm

There's nothing wrong with thinking that other females are pretty, or even being curious about their bodies at your age. Don't worry about it, you don't have to decide anything about your sexuality just yet.

And are you sure you're not confusing admiration for sexual desire? I once thought I had a crush on a girl, but it was just that I admired her and envied her slightly.

I'd advise you not to worry, when you're a teenager your hormones tell you all sorts of stuff.
Tempest
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Sexuality