I think I might be bisexual - should I tell my boyfriend?

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I think I might be bisexual - should I tell my boyfriend?

Postby midnite » Fri Apr 25, 2003 4:20 pm

ok
i think i may be biosexual.
i am worried my boyfriend may think.
i haven't really fancied other women.
i guess it more out of curiosity( not how 2 spell it)
i dought i would even kiss another girl.

i really love my boyfriend.
but this kinda been playing on my mind.
on wether i should tell him.
i am just scared on his reponse.

i have been going out with him 4 almost a year.
i like being honest with him that i guess is my main problem.
i just dont want him to suddenly be put off me because of this.

what do you think i should do.
i be very grateful for any advice for any one.
midnite
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hm

Postby Daftness2k3 » Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:35 pm

Well whatever you do, make sure first. I dunno what girl's feel on this topic or anything. I dated a girl who was bisexual before, didn't really care to be honest,but then again I knew this shortly after I went out with her....
Be sure in what you're saying and make sure it's not just a phase. Anyone else have any advice?
Daftness2k3
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby midnite » Sat Apr 26, 2003 12:10 am

it mite be a phase i am not sure.
well i kinda hope it is.

because i think dont want to do any thing with another girl.

i dont really fancy women.
i did once when i was young but i though she was a bloke,
it was a shock to me when i found out.

but recently i have had more then a couple of dreams of kissing other women n stuff.
so it kinda made me question if i do like them.

and it really upsetting me because i love my boyfriend.
if i tell him he may dump me.
if i dont he may feel like i was keeping it from him.
i am always honest with him.
so i stuck.
midnite
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby saraha » Thu May 01, 2003 11:26 pm

this is trick.
b 4 u do any thing i thing you think about what you going to say if you do tell him.

you may feel you need to tell as you sound like a very honest person and seam to want to tell him every thing.

i would wait a while because if it is a phase ( how ever you spell it)
you may reget telling him.

also i would becareful, some blokes are ok with this sorta thing, but it depends on the person.

have any blokes got any advice on this matter.
saraha
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby midnite » Thu May 08, 2003 11:25 pm

actually i think it not the rite time to tell him, as i am not jet totally sure.
besides i dont want to freak him out,
well i kinda dont no how he may react.

when i feel more ready, and i realise wither i am or not intrested also in women, well then i will tell him, or if i am with some one else in the future,

but i dont think it really matters as i am unsure, and i dont like any other women at d moment. so i think it best if i kinda keep this to my self for the moment.

as he worried as it is when blokes are around me, he always wondering what the blokes intensions are towards me. he trusts me but not always the blokes i meet.
and if this is the case i hate how he react towards any women i meet. if he knew i may be that way.
midnite
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby DJG » Fri May 09, 2003 10:10 pm

I wouldn't be bothered. All that would matter to me is that my girlfriend loves me. Who else she could love, regardless of gender, doesn't matter.
DJG
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

hi

Postby buttercup » Sat May 10, 2003 2:00 pm

hi yeah understand were your coming from though, i wouldnt say im a bisexual just curious how it would feel and things!! although your boyfriend might like the idea of it he might even fantasise about a 3sum just 2 find out some men enjoy that!! give it a shot and then see how it feels but i think you should tell him though!!!
buttercup
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hmm

Postby Cat Queen » Tue May 13, 2003 9:40 pm

Hi! well, I thought I was bisexual once, that was when i`d went off men cause of my ex`s. I would never have done anything with a woman, but I was curious. My lad of two years took it ok, told him in the first few months. During that time I was still unsure. He said it was ok, as long as I didn`t Do anything or act on it. But now IM SURE,100% im straight. I love my lad completely! It seems like a phase we ALL go through, just some people won`t admit it! My Advise is to wait until ur sure,even though I didn`t! :D XXXXGood Luck
Cat Queen
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Llisa » Tue May 13, 2003 11:26 pm

HI hun,
chances are, you aren't really bi at all. We all have curiousities, especially at a younger age. One thing that as humans we do, is compare ourselves to members of the same sex. Is she prettier then me? Are her breasts bigger? Do I have huge thighs? So when we do that, we obviously are going to be paying close attention to the same sex a lot, and naturally we get curious. We think about what it would be like to kiss them, or be with them, whatever. But in reality, we would never ACTUALLY do that. I wouldn't tell your boyfriend at all. Because chances are, he's had one or two thoughts about being with a guy himself!
Will be praying for you
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

im not sure

Postby kenny13alien » Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:12 pm

speaking from a lads point of view a might be a bit freeked.
im sorry if my udder post offended u but it was the best advice u had had up to then.
im a guy so i know wat im talkin abou.
if it gets tooo much u shud talk to him about it and resolve things.
kenny
kenny13alien
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Enigma » Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:02 pm

It is my belief that everyone is bisexual to a certain degree. I use the term "bisexual" as that is the most accurate word available. Imagine there is a percentage scale, some people at 5% gay, others at 95%, some 40%, others 60%.

Everyone is different and unique. The current classification of sexuality doesn't accomodate the true reality of life.

How can people just be straight or gay?
Do you not look at your mate and think he looks nice even though you have a girlfriend?
Can you not look at a woman and appreciate her figure even though you're into guys?
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Lorelei » Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:59 am

I heard a statistic recently that said 90% of people have dreams about being with a member of the same gender. If that's all you've done and you don't fancy any women, what are you worried about? If you really fall for a girl, you'll know, otherwise don't bother upsetting yourself or your boyfriend and just see how things go. I personally agree that everybody is bisexual to a degree but if you have no wish to act on it now, then there's no need to feel as if you're keeping a secret from your boyfriend. xxx
Lorelei
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

just be sure 1st

Postby cammy » Sun Jun 08, 2003 4:32 pm

Hey, I no where u r cumin from i have started 2 think that i am bi.
Most ov my friends no they r all fine with it.
Just take it 1 step at a time if u arent sure then dont say anyfin 2 your boyfriend! He mite b ok wiv it but u neva no!
Gud look
xxx
:wink:
cammy
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Godmeister » Sun Jun 08, 2003 4:54 pm

It sounds like you are confused, I wouldnt talk about it with your boyfriend just yet. Why not find a really good friend and go over it with them? That way, you wont end up hurting your boyfriend over something that may just be a phase or a whim.
Godmeister
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Sexuality