How do i tell people about my sexuality?

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

How do i tell people about my sexuality?

Postby Incredible » Sat May 10, 2003 7:21 pm

Hey this is gonna be long so please read it and help please.

Ok im a 15 year old girl, about a a year and half ago i met this girl on the net. I was 14 at the time and confused of my sexuality, ive never really had a bf cus ive had alot of jam of boys and i had problems like bullying and hit and stuff in the past cus i aint the girlist girl ever and i was questioning my sexuality so i went in a gay room on this chat thing and met this girl. I really liked her so i told her and we been together for over 6 months we aint met yet but we txt each other all the time and meet on net. We are really serious and i no i make her really happy and vice versa i love her we want to be together in the future the only prob is no one nos and i dont no how im going to tell my mum and dad cus they mite go mad about it and i no my friends wont accept it but i think they think im gay any way. also b4 i met my girl friend i wanted to join the armed forces and my family is really keen on that idea and they keep saying about it and i no its never gonna happen because ill be with my girl. i really dunno what to do i no what i want but i dunno how im going to tell my family pleease help cus i dunno what to do :(
Incredible
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Jo » Sun May 11, 2003 10:55 am

Hi Incredible

First of all I think you need to slow down. You have a lot of worries going on in your head at the moment and its turning into a big mass of problems which is causing you to panic.

Ok, now you have slowed down and taken a deep breath, lets look at things one by one...

1) There is no reason why you should feel the need to tell everyone about your sexuality. Its something you should do in your own time when you are sure and when you feel ready. You might like to talk to someone about it first.

2) 15 is very young to be thinking about settling down with anyone, regardless of what gender they are - I would be saying this even if you were having a relationship with a boy. Think about it, you are planning your immediate future around a person who you have only been with for six months and have never even met - slow down!

I know how strong emotions can be, its very easy to get carried away with them, but please stop and think. You are still an individual with a life to lead - you are not just the other half of a relationship. Why does everything have to stop for the relationship? The fact that you are thinking this way is a bit of a worry.

It sounds to me as though your emotions are carrying you away to cloud 9 and believe me, I know it feels wonderful (and at your age, new) - but it doesn't stay like that. Eventually you will have to come back down to earth, the trick is to make sure you havn't made any extreme decisions while you were up there!

Remember, you have never met this person, you don't even really know if she is a girl - seriously, you don't! The person you have created in your head might be a LOT different from the reality, regardless of what you think you know. Just be careful! If you do decide to meet do it properly, tell people where you are going (you don't have to say its a relationship, just that you are meeting an online friend) and don't do it alone, try to do it in a group.

So please, just chill out a bit. The relationship is nice but it is only a relationship, and a very new one at that - don't plan your whole future around it, don't let it turn your world upsidedown, just enjoy it while it lasts and see it for what it is - an enjoyable experience that may or may not develop into something else. Keep it to yourself for now and treasure it, don't plan your life around it.
Jo
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Incredible » Sun May 11, 2003 3:09 pm

i understand what u say but there more to it than what i posted and i cant post it up cus if some one sees it they mite get annoyed do u think i could talk to u over msn or summet? i no they say that aint what the forums are for but i cant post it.
Incredible
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby ela » Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:46 pm

hey im 17 and you are more than welcome to meet with me to talk in a chatroom if u wish, believe me i know how u feel! messege me and we can arrange summat xx
ela
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Enigma » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:35 am

The last post before yours was submitted nearly a year ago.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Kyle » Wed May 05, 2004 2:20 pm

just do wt u wna do dnt worry bout n e 1 else if u wna b wiv er and vice versa thengo 4 it!
DONT B SCARED!
Everytime i try to fight i fall,
without my wings i feel so small,
I guess i need you baby. x
Kyle
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Sexuality