The pink sheep of the family?

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

The pink sheep of the family?

Postby pink princess76 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:41 pm

I really don't know where to start with this one.
Even though they systematically deny it, my parents have always had a favourite. Occasionally it has been me but approx 98% of the time it is my sister.
For five years my sister and parents did not speak and so every single weekend for 5 years, myself and my partner were expected to 'entertain' my parents. During this time whenever my sister or her then boyfriend were mentioned my parents were very nasty about both of them. About 18 months ago they all decided to start talking again and since then it is almost as though me and my partner don't exsist. My g/f has a theory that because we are gay they see us as second class in comparison to my sister as we will never produce children, and to be honest I think her theory is right.

Over christmas we went to my parents for dinner and the atmosphere was not good. It felt like they had us there because they felt they should rather than they wanted to. My mum unwrapped her present and literally threw then aside as a spoilt toddler would, which really hurt as I had spent a lot of money that I did not have trying to please her. When my dad was very drunk he began asking my g/f questions such as ' do you want to be a man then?' and being really nasty about the way she dresses. The awful thing is that I couldn't turn round and tell him he was being out of order as he would then of have errupted and threatened to ' put my head through a effing window' as he has done on many occasions before.
On top of this my sister is being nasty and trying to make trouble between my parents and myself (see post under siblings)!!
My mum is so scared of him and will never say anything and it has now got to the stage where I am thinking that I can really live without them being a part of my life. I feel awful for thinking this way but after christmas I can't cope with much more, I have gotten really depressed over this and also don't think we should have to.
pink princess76
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby teardrop » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:16 pm

hi princess, you are what you are end of. i know what its like to be used big time. and then feel they didnt want me around for other than that..i personally would stop visiting or contacting to see what happens.dont let the hurt carry on like i did for many years as they will not be crying like us thats for sure. you go and make a life and leave them to theirs.i have. good luck huney and try to smile x
teardrop
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Another black sheep . . . . . . or should that be pink ?

Postby pink princess76 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:25 am

Thanks for that teardrop. Over the past week or so I have realised that is what I need to do, but felt horrible for thinking that way. I guess I needed to hear it from someone else.
pink princess76
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:50 pm

What you need to remember is they have forced you to feel this way
It is not what you want and their behavouir towards you is appalling
They accepted you when it suited them and I think your friends theory is spot on
You will be a lot happier without them
If they do try to make it up at a later date make sure it is on your terms
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Sexuality