So Worried!

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

So Worried!

Postby anxiousdude23 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:49 pm

Hi all

well basically I didn't know where to post this, so hope this is the right place.

At school, I fell out with someone who then proceeded to spread a rumour I was gay and yep people believed it! so every now and then for five years, I got the odd homophobic insult. I am straight. Anyway, one of the guys who made the odd remark is now working with my cousin on a placement! long story how i found out. he has been on the job for six months and has another six months to go and I am just worried he will tell him what happened at school because I am scared how my cousin will react and if he will look at me differently. I know it was years ago and people forget/grow up etc. Also, people have said maybe something would have been said by now as its been six months. I just don't want him to say something like "oh yeah him is he gay because people thought so". This is worrying me so much
anxiousdude23
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Yellowcoaching » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:56 pm

as you've said yourself this has hopefully been forgotten already. Even if something is said your cousin went to school too and is probably well aware of all the stupid rumours that can get started there. He is unlikley to believe it and if he says anything then you can put the record straight, just tell him this was a hurtful rumour years back in school when you were too shy to do anything about it.
You only get one life; I can help you make the most of it.
Yellowcoaching
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby HappyGoLucky » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:15 am

Rumours are usually forgotten after sometime. If he does bring it up, tell him the reason you brought that rumour up. Rumours are annoying and yes, may seem quite hurtful but if it isn't true, I would ignore the remarks. (Easier said than done I know!)
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby all_apologies » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:13 pm

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Even in the unlikely event that the guy does bring it up, what's the worst that can happen? Your cousin might wonder if you're gay and you can tell him you're not. Loads of ridiculous rumours are spread round schools all the time and, with there being no truth in this one, there's no need for you to fret because you've got nothing to hide.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: So Worried!

Postby Wilzy » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:14 pm

anxiousdude23 wrote:Hi all

well basically I didn't know where to post this, so hope this is the right place.

At school, I fell out with someone who then proceeded to spread a rumour I was gay and yep people believed it! so every now and then for five years, I got the odd homophobic insult. I am straight. Anyway, one of the guys who made the odd remark is now working with my cousin on a placement! long story how i found out. he has been on the job for six months and has another six months to go and I am just worried he will tell him what happened at school because I am scared how my cousin will react and if he will look at me differently. I know it was years ago and people forget/grow up etc. Also, people have said maybe something would have been said by now as its been six months. I just don't want him to say something like "oh yeah him is he gay because people thought so". This is worrying me so much

He's your cousin, whether your gay or not (which you aren't) he wont look at you in a different light.
Wilzy
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Sexuality