Lesbian mates

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Lesbian mates

Postby Empathy » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:34 pm

My mates announced today that they were dating and now i cant stand the sight of them even though im male. I dont mind lesbians in general but i just cant stand to look at them. I feel more betrayed in a way and i dont know why. My mate asked if i was ok with it and i lied to her that i was but its eating me. I lied to keep her happy which in fact is making me unhappy if u get me.
Empathy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby W00p!!! » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:53 pm

Heya yeah i get you!! Well it sounds to me that you have a crush on your friend or you used to anyway did you?
But it's bound to be a bit strange at first maybe you'll get used to it eventually just try not to let it get you down you ever it might just be a fase that she is going to through!! xoxoxo
W00p!!!
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby chardee » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:06 pm

Hi 'Empathy'.

Was just wondering if you have any idea why you are feeling like this? Have they just 'come out'?
I myself am a gay female, and I understood that some of my friends didn't want to accept it when they found out, and didn't know how to act around me.
Maybe you should try talking to your friend, and tell her how you are feeling. I'm sure she would appreciate that a lot more than you pretending everything is ok, if everything isn't.

Chardee
x
chardee
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby all_apologies » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:17 pm

Are you feeling betrayed because two of your friends are seeing each other and changed the group dynamic, regardless of the fact that they're both girls? Would you feel the same if one of them was male? Is it that you feel left out because they've now become a couple? Or, as already mentioned, are you attracted to one of them and disappointed that you can't go after her? Your post was quite brief, so a little more detail would probably help us advise you better.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Empathy » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:56 pm

Hey, i do not have a crush or ever had. Even now ive started to not hang around them. They have changed the group dynamic and loads of people are talking about them. I know i sound like a right bum but i dont want to be included
Empathy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby all_apologies » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:20 pm

So it's totally down to the fact that they've become a couple and not the fact that they're gay?

I think it can often be difficult when two friends within a group become a couple. Yet by distancing yourself, you're the one that's losing out because you risk losing the rest of the friends in the group too. Maybe when the excitement and novelty of the initial stages of their relationship dies down a bit, it won't bother you so much? Why are loads of people talking about them, is there more to the gossip than just the shock of them becoming an item?
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby morris mouse » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:22 pm

all_apologies wrote:I think it can often be difficult when two friends within a group become a couple. Yet by distancing yourself, you're the one that's losing out because you risk losing the rest of the friends in the group too.

I agree with "all_apologies"

I'm sure that many would say also, this is a very difficult situation for you.

Having said that,YOU are the only one that's losing out!!
ImageImage
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Empathy » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:34 pm

hey on wednesday one of them passed me crying and went into girls toilet which is small and contains one toilet, well the other went in and i didnt do anything. Well when my lesson started my lecturer told me to get one of them as one is in my class and when i went down i opened toilet abit and found tablets on the floor. I panicked as im sure everyone would and told them to stop but they were in locked cubicle so i went back and told lecturer. Then when lecturer returned she explained that they broke up and they both tried to overdose. They both fine btw.

Well today, they both are back as friends. I mean how does that work?
Empathy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Sexuality