Sharing a room with a lesbian

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby snail » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:07 pm

Dollydiamond said this was happening in June, so I would think it's over by now. Hope it went OK for her. :)
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:12 am

It is childish being so paranoid about it.

One of my best friends in school was gay. I have shared a bed with her and I had no worries about it, she is a friend she would have no reason to come on to me. Just because she was a lesbian doesnt mean to say she fancied all the girls we hung around with in school. It wouldnt have made a difference if she was gay or straight. Its just friends.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby retrochav » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:26 pm

If its clear that you are straight, she is unlikely to embarress herself even considering it. Also, you cant assume you are her type - you may well be too girly/butch/sporty etc for her anyway.

I find a minority of straight people are incredibly vain in this area! Assuming that we gays will want absolutely anyone of the same sex. We have tastes and fancies as varied as straight people. Also, us gay people have enough choice as it is - we rarely need to make moves on someone who clearly isnt going to want to go there.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby all_apologies » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:13 pm

Guys, the opening poster's trip was taking place in June, so this situation will have been resolved by now. Thanks 8)
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby lu310890 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:27 am

just because someone is a lesbian it doesnt mean to say they fancy you! just like if you shared a room with a straight boy.
lu310890
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Ogadai » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:50 pm

that's 1 thing i never understand with people. whenever they hear that someone is gay they assume they are complete sex maniacs but in reality they have to take things in exactly the same way as everyone else, going on dates, etc. i have a gay teacher and to be honest you would never guess from how she acts infront of you, there's nothing different about them so i don;t see why people have such a negative view of them. maybe it was when the pope blamed AIDS on them... i dunno. but seriously there is nothing to worry about, just treat her the same as everyone else you've ever known.
Time. Time is an artificial construct. An arbitrary system based on the idea that events occur in a linear direction at all times. Always forward, never back. Is the concept of time correct? Is time relevant?
Ogadai
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby peecee » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:59 pm

DOLLYDIAMOND!!!!! Can you update us, hun?????

This thread has aroused a lot of emotions - can we have your comments on how it all went, so the thread doesn't become personal in a hostile way?

Thanks, me dear.

Guys, people aren't educated by being rude to them because you're offended, they learn loads from your honest explanation of how you feel, and the facts of your life. Trust me.

Lots of love
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
pee
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sharing a room with a lesbian

Postby Aligator » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:20 pm

realy won't to know wot happened. and lesbians aren't that bad...I have a very good friend who is a lesbian but she dosen't go for other girls like that. before any bad ideas spring to mind...i am a boy
R U OK?
Aligator
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby rufio89 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:31 am

I think it's strange that she'd be so bothered about it, but bear in mind it is a school trip, so she's likely to be under 16...

I've shared a bed with a lesbian friend loads of times, as well as straight male friends. I'm in my pjs, it's not like I'm naked and spooning with them, so I dont see the big deal! lol
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby all_apologies » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:54 am

...just to reiterate that this topic was started in February and the author's trip took place in the summer. Cheers 8)

I'm going to lock this topic because it's old, and new advice is still being posted. We're interested to hear how you got on, dollydiamond, and if your views have changed since your trip away. If you want to let us know, give me or one of the other mods a shout and we'll unlock it again for you.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Sexuality