My friends hate me because i fancy somone

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

My friends hate me because i fancy somone

Postby k.bforlife » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:35 pm

Hi,
All my friends hate me because I'm a girl and I fancy a girl and they cant accept it! for example: this girl sat next to me on the us and I let her but When one of my friends asked if they could sit there I said No cos she was sitting there now they all know I fancy her :( What should I do? I want to tell her about my feelings but i cant even tlk to her without going red! I dont want to loose my friends either!
k.bforlife
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Ogadai » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:44 pm

first of all Bienvue k.bforlife.

secondly don't be ashamed of it, it's not you that's the problem, it's them. if they can't accept you for who you are then, i'm sorry to say, they are not friends. as for the girl don't worry about talking about it to her, instead just approach her one day and talk to her normally. never make a big jump into anything, always develop a friendship first, and, as my friend once said, if there is a connection build on it.
Time. Time is an artificial construct. An arbitrary system based on the idea that events occur in a linear direction at all times. Always forward, never back. Is the concept of time correct? Is time relevant?
Ogadai
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:49 am

Ogadais advice is good
True friends will accept you whatever you want to be
And the advice about being friends is good especially if you don't know if she likes girls herself
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

thx

Postby k.bforlife » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:35 pm

thanks guys you reli opened my eyes i told my friends and now only 2 like me but thats only cos they are true friends and they like me no matter what
k.bforlife
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: thx

Postby morris mouse » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:44 pm

k.bforlife wrote: And now only 2 like me but thats only cos they are true friends and they like me no matter what

Hello, "k.bforlife"

It's good,that,as a result of this,that you've found 2 true friends :D
ImageImage
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby all_apologies » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:52 am

I am guessing you're quite young and still at school? It's a tough environment to be different in. You might find that even though some people actually couldn't care less about who you do and don't fancy, they'll be nasty about it to fit in with everyone else. The less you act like their comments bother you, the quicker they'll hopefully move on.

What makes you think that they all 'knew' you fancied this girl just because you wouldn't let someone else sit in her seat? Surely that's just common decency, I don't see how anyone could come to the conclusion you fancied her just because of that. Do you think you're maybe over-analysing a bit because you're paranoid about people finding out?

As for the people you've already told, it's good that you have a few close friends who have stuck by you. Is the girl you fancy a friend of yours already or do you not know her very well? if it's the latter, I think it'd be a case of getting to know her a bit before telling her how you feel.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: thx

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:03 am

k.bforlife wrote:thanks guys you reli opened my eyes i told my friends and now only 2 like me but thats only cos they are true friends and they like me no matter what

well I'm glad at least you know who you can rely on as friends

take it slow with the girl, especially if you are not sure if she is gay too.
You are young and feelings change a lot at this age. It may be a crush or just a faze

Either way good luck in the future

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:19 am

Hey K.bforlife, I bet it is a weight off your chest telling your friends. I'm glad that you have 2 really good friends. One of my friends when we were in school told me she was gay (I had actually known for years) but when she told me for her there were no barriers between us and it did not change the way I thought of her at all. She was my friend simple of that, if she likes girls, boys, or both then it doesnt change the friend she is. Your friends that don't want to know you anymore are just immature and don't deserve your friendship if they won't stand by you over something like this, its not like you have a fettish for going out and killing people, its just you like girls and not boys like they do. I bet they are just worried that you may in fact like them and then they won't know what to do. When in reality I bet your friends have male friends who are just friends and they don't fancy them. Its the EXACT same principle.

Take Care xx
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby k.bforlife » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:16 pm

your right dipsey and thx! its just the girl is my best friend and She acts so different around me =! shes so protective over who Im with! I thin she knows I like her and she likes me but we dont want to tell each other and there is a space growing bigger and bigger! its getting silly now she wont even talk to me if im on my own but if im with other girls that i like she pulls me away its so unfair
k.bforlife
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:50 am

She may be enjoying the attention you are giving her when there is no chance you can do anything about it (i.e. with a big group of friends), either that or she is trying to exclude you from your friends. Maybe she doesnt speak to you when you are alone in case you do something to her? It does sound like she is being a bit immature about it all TBH,a proper friend wouldn't ignore you when you are alone, yet talk to you when you have people around you. A true friend would talk to you all the time.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby HappyGoLucky » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:36 pm

Didn't you have a post saying that you think you're in love with one of your teachers? Is this the same person?
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby k.bforlife » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:09 pm

No this is different! this is my friend hates me because i fancy a tecaher but its escalating into her feeling my leg and she squezed my bum today i didnt know what to do!
k.bforlife
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby all_apologies » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:41 pm

k.bforlife, your posts are starting to sound a little far-fetched. First of all, the teacher who you fancy comes on to you and now the friend who you fancy does too?
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:17 am

k.bforlife wrote:No this is different! this is my friend hates me because i fancy a tecaher but its escalating into her feeling my leg and she squezed my bum today i didnt know what to do!

but in your first post you said "All my friends hate me because I'm a girl and I fancy a girl and they cant accept it! for example: this girl sat next to me on the bus and I let her" - that doesn't sound like a teacher and if the friend hates you why would she sit next to you on the bus??!!!??

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby snail » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:29 am

I think k.bforlife is posting about two separate people: the teacher, and one of her friends, both of whom she is sexually attracted to. This thread only describes the behaviour of her friend.

I know what you mean, Bel Bel, but teenagers use the word "hate" much more lightly than the rest of us do! It's quite possible that the friend liked k.bforlife a couple of days ago and wanted to sit next to her but now "hates" her because she's jealous of the teacher.
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Sexuality