Gay sexual dream with best friend...but im straight

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Gay sexual dream with best friend...but im straight

Postby JGRD146 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:21 am

When i got home 2 days ago from meeting with a group of my mates we all had a laugh watching football and then went home. Well when i went home i went to bed and when i woke up i remembered in the dream that we were preparing the anal sex position. Then i woke up :S im confused because im straight, does this mean im gay??? AHHHH CONFUSED
JGRD146
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby lidopig » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:05 am

Hi there!
Not at all ! I expect when you were with your mates you talked about sex at some time.Most of us do! You may have even talked about Gays/sex.Again,perfectly normal.Our subconscious often picks up on these and relays them back during dreams.Don't worry about,and who cares if you are?! :lol:
lidopig
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby all_apologies » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:14 pm

I'm moving this to the sexuality forum...

Anyway, no it doesn't mean you're gay. I'm a gay girl and occasionally have dreams about being with guys. I usually wake up thinking "wtf?!" and then forget about it. I know for a fact that I'm not into guys, so I don't let it bother me.

Think about how random and weird your other dreams can be from time to time. A fleeting thought or conversation during the day can lead to strange dreams that don't necessarily reflect reality.

Unless this is a regular occurence or you were questioning your sexuality anyway, I'd say there's no reason to think you're gay based on one dream.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gay sexual dream with best friend...but im straight

Postby retrochav » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:08 pm

I'm a gay guy and have dreamed about sleeping with women - and its not something i ever plan to do!

I really wouldnt worry about it. Dreams often relate to throw away comments - a joke, or even something on television can be jumbled up in a dream. If you were gay you would sense it in your soul, even if you hated the idea. Since it was a bizzare dream and you make no further mention about feelings about the same sex, i would write it off as a strange dream that has no reflection on anything.

Some people feel dreams are interpretation of emotions, so this could relate to feeling close to, or a secret fear of friendship - you could try looking up dream interpretation if you really feel concerned.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Aligator » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:41 pm

i was in same postition a few years ago and im straight. dont worry it maybe just a faise or somin but then u could turn gay later... my bet would be that u will be straight so not worry.
R U OK?
Aligator
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby keepingsane » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:04 pm

As is said above, I remember reading that your dreams can sometimes come from what your subconcious has picked up throughout the day, and that these often mean nothing. There are many different views on whether dreams really mean anything or not, but if you feel confident that it felt wrong to you, I wouldn't worry about it.
"The smallest deed is better than the grandest intention" :]
keepingsane
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby JennaXXX » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:23 pm

Also it's worth remembering that even if you fantasize about the same sex it doesn't mean you are actually gay.
Try not to worry too much.
Whatever life throws at you, smile, hold your head up high and be the best you can possibly be.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Edin_lad22 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:44 pm

I am gay, but have had dreams that I have been with women. Dosen't mean anything.
Edin_lad22
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Sexuality