accidently outed some1

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

accidently outed some1

Postby grillyguy » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:36 pm

my friend gabz friend is gay and i kinda outed him 2 another friend but i thought she knew turns out gabz and the friend i told werent always friends and therfore gabz best friend doesnt like her but i really didnt mean it and gabz is just about talking 2 me and her best friend is mad at me even though ive only talked 2 him once and he said how it wasnt any1s business but i thought gabz and the friend i told were always friends and all 3 of them live in the same area and hes been out 4 like 6 years hes 21 btw and i thought he was open about his sexuality cos he seemed 2 b.
grillyguy
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Re: accidently outed some1

Postby all_apologies » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:05 pm

Okay, just to clarify:

You outed a friend-of-a-friend to another girl.
This girl isn't really a close friend of either of them, so they're both annoyed at you.

Is this right? If so, I think that both Gabz and her friend are within their rights to be annoyed with you. It's not really your place to go outing other people. That said, if it was a genuine mistake on your part then I'm sure they'll forgive you. Did you just mention it in conversation to this other girl thinking that she already knew? Or were you actively gossiping about his sexuality?

If it's the former, then talk to them. Explain that you didn't realise this other girl wasn't a close friend and the guy's sexuality just happened to come up in the conversation and you assumed she knew. It's an honest mistake, and if you apologise I'm sure they'll accept and get on with it.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: accidently outed some1

Postby grillyguy » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:21 pm

yeah i just said it thinking she knew and i didnt no i had done anything till like 2 days later when gabz text me
grillyguy
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to Sexuality