dying to see if he likes me

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: dying to see if he likes me

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:58 pm

heartfullalove wrote:It seems a shame, is that really the way it works in the real world?

Er no!

You will find someone, I'd say it may take longer since the gay comminuty is smaller than the straight one, but don't give up. Some day you will find your knight in shining armour.

I think you are right to keep it quiet, you don't go mouthing off about what you have done and this is no difference except he's now dating a girl. It's up to him to tell his girlfriend; he did it before her so it's not like he's done anything wrong.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:03 pm

Hmm I can see the temptation to tell his girlfriend about what happened between you, but I don't think it'll ultimately achieve anything. In a sense, she doesn't necessarily have the right to know - it's up to him to tell her what happened in his past, not anyone else. You will only come out of it looking the bad guy I think. If he's actually gay and this girl is a cover-up, it'll all come out in the wash eventually anyway.

With regards to your friend Nadine's opinion on gay encounters, I don't agree at all. Yes, there will be gay men (and women) out there that are just looking for sexual experiences (as are many straight people), but equally there will be plenty of people looking for a meaningful relationship. The guy I sit opposite to at work is gay, lives with his partner and they've had a civil ceremony, so obviously it's not all about c**k as your friend crudely puts it!
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:49 pm

the problem is as you have already shown you get emotianlly attached so i don'#t think your the kind of girl that can just have a sexual flig without gettting involved and therefore you will end up hurt and feeling dirty and losing some self estemm and respect for yourself
It may work for your friend but that is usually only becasue that person has their barrieris up and doesn't want to let anyone in
Love is always a bit of a gamble but it's worth it when it works and you learn from every bad experience so don't let this one put you off
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby heartfullalove » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:11 pm

thanks Bel Bel...erm...I'm not a girl!
(Well, maybe the occasional Saturday night, but that's another story)
heartfullalove
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:31 pm

:rofl: sorry about that.
same applies though, you are obviously not that kind of guy.

i really must start re reading post from the start as my memory is failing me lately
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby earthchild » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:37 pm

heartfullalove wrote:but thinks that his girlfriend has a right to know,

I can understand why your friend wants to tell this girl about his past, she wants to protect her incase he decides he is gay, however he slept with you whilst he was single and in this sense she doesnt have any right to know. Is she telling him all of her past sexual experiences?

Yes he might be going out with this gorgeous girl to prove to himself that he is straight, it does sound like it to me, but you have to have an open mind and consider the fact he may be just Bi and totally fancy this girl too.

I know hes hurt you and im sorry for that, but im afraid hes exploring his sexuality and hes allowed to do that.
I really hope your friend doesnt mention this to her friend, you will end up the bad guy and possible loose your friendship with this guy.
The Truth
Truth is a sweet nectar from an honest fruitful heart,
from the fruit come seeds and
from the seeds you have a harvest full of dreams.

(native american proverb)
earthchild
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby lidopig » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:43 pm

earthchild wrote:I really hope your friend doesnt mention this to her friend, you will end up the bad guy and possible loose your friendship with this guy.

I'm afraid it's almost inevitable this will happen,and the consequences are pretty obvious as well.It's too late now,so put the whole episode behind you :lol: and try and move on.It's quite possible to meet the love of your life in a gay pub/club,so for your own happiness I'd start going to a few!
lidopig
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Previous

Return to Sexuality