Don't know what to do

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Don't know what to do

Postby Fragmented » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:07 pm

Hi,

As you guys know from my other posts, I've been recently dumped after being majorly messed around. Anyway after my relationship ended, I know she was on the rebound straight away. We had no contact for now 9 days. Even though she's been unblocking me on msn every couple of days (I've not unblocked her). This morning however she txt me asking how I was and that was it. I never replied. She's now txt me saying 'thanks for the reply. take care'. I'm just really confused, I don't get what she wants. She's chatting to new people, I know this for a fact. She dumped me, that is also a fact.

So why text me? And what do I do?

My friends say I should just ignore her. I feel like I was just beginning to sort my head out a little and she's just back to mess it up again. I mean it's hardly begging me back. Not that I'm saying that's what I want. But to callously drop me one week and then text me casually the next - how does that work? I know why she's doing it may be completely obvious to someone on the outside, but I just can't seem to gain any clarity. And feel more upset than I did before she'd text. Don't know why.

Help :(
Fragmented
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Re: Don't know what to do

Postby kerrie24 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:04 am

I think she could be doing it for two completely different reasons
1-to rub your nose in it and see how upset you are.
or
2-because she regrets the breakup and is trying to find out if you want her back.

Either way,unless you would take her back after what she did to you,I wouldnt contact her at all.You need to have a clear head before you talk to her its still all too raw,and you might make a decision you regret.I think she probably expected you to reply,and by not doing so you have showed her she cant mess you around.
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby RagDoll » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:11 am

I agree with the above post. The only other option is that she misses you, ok, it doesn't sound like she was the nicest person on earth and I know she finished things with you, but that doesn't mean she doesn't miss you. Even when you're the dumper, if you've spent a long time with that person, you inevitably miss them.

Whatever her reasons, I think you should ignore her at the moment - being in contact with her will only mess up your head further. You don't want to get back with her, so just leave it for now.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:40 am

Fragmented wrote: This morning however she txt me asking how I was and that was it. I never replied. She's now txt me saying 'thanks for the reply. take care'.

She is proving to herself that she has the upper hand...now that you didn't text, her reply was a guilt trip to text back.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:35 pm

block her number so she can't text you anymore and then you don't have to put on with her confusing you when your just sorting yourself out
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Fragmented » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:28 pm

Thanks (again).

I've come to the conclusion that it's the first of Kerrie's options - she's just doing it to see if I'm upset (and quite possibly rub my nose in it). This may be because she still feels slightly attached and wants to see if I feel the same, but I reckon if she genuinely missed me or regretted breaking up she'd have said that by now, or made some kind of an effort to convey that. Which she hasn't.

I've not text back. Not planning to either. You guys are right, it's still early days and I need to sort my head out. And also, if I talk to her now on the back of some flippant text then it sends out all the wrong signals and gives her the license to always mess me around - safe in the knowledge that she only has to text me once and I'll go back.

lol, I have no idea why I sound out my thought process :o
Fragmented
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:41 pm

i think it's good to sound them out sometimes you realise how silly things are and other times it reinforces that your thought is the right one
you should hear some of the things i say out loud then you wouldn't think you were mad :lol: :lol:
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:55 pm

I agree with everything you said in your last post Fragmented
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Sexuality