Sleeping with prostitutes

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby odinson86 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:02 pm

I am 23 years and never had a serious relationship. I have only had sex twice and not in the last two years. The first time I had sex the girl really let me down as I was looking for something more and the second time it was just meaningless. I am really tempted to sleep with a prostitute but am not sure if I would just be adding to an already bad pattern.
odinson86
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Sleeping with prostitutes

Postby snail » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:17 pm

Well, why do you feel you want to sleep with a prostitute? You've effectively said that both times you've had sex, it hasn't been what you wanted because there hasn't been a serious relationship behind it. Sex with a prostitute would be even more meaningless, and would probably make you feel awful about yourself - the fact that she did it with you only for money. So why are you thinking about it? What do you think it would give you? Are you worried about getting more experience? If so, I wouldn't worry - being unselfish, open-minded, and really fancying the other person, are all the ingredients you need for good sex.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:54 am

I agree with Snail.

If you are worried about experience, stop right there...once you meet the right person it doesn't matter AT ALL. You can learn together, try things together...even if the right girl has slept with 100 people and you have slept with 2, you still have to learn because everyone is different.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:05 am

I agree with the other 2.

And also, lets not forget that all moral or emotional implications aside, sleeping with prostitutes is actually illegal, and the last thing you want is a criminal record because you want some sex.

There was a story in the papers not long ago about a man who slept with a prostitute who it turned out had been trafficked in from another country (and he didnt know), and he ended up in prison because he was implicit in sex trafficking and because the woman was being forced to act as a prostitute against her will, the man also got charged for rape.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:15 am

I think if you want a serious relationship you shouldn't even be thinking about sex at all. Think about getting to know people and making more friends and hopefully a relationship will follow at a natural pace.I also agree with otheres once your with soemone you can learn to gether, just be truthful that you don't have much experience, it's better than lying and letting the girl down because she has unreal expectations
You won't learn the right kind of sex form a prostitute either. You need to learn intamacy not just having sex
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby RagDoll » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:22 am

I agree with the others.

Would just like to add that you're only 23, there is no huge rush to be really experienced, just let it happen when it happens. If you have sex with a prostitute it might be something you come to really regret.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby TrouserMonkey » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:42 pm

I am a first timer to this advising lark but I think most people can probably remember feeling a bit exasperated at some point by the lack of sexual contact they have had or are having. ](*,)
I agree with most of the above comments, I think it is important to bear in mind that you could make a decision now, when you are feeling under pressure and that decision might be something that comes back to haunt you later on. I think it could make you feel worse because you would be paying for something that you really don't need to; you may even end up thinking that its the only way you are going to have sex with somebody and that wouldn't make anyone feel good, not you or a potential partner if they found out.
I think a lot of women would find it off putting if they were aware you had been with prostitutes, not just because of having a kind of seedy image of it in mind but because of the very possible health risks involved in that sort of activity.
If it is at all because you are concerned about not being experienced I agree entirely with one of the other noters, I think most women wouldn't be put off by that at all! Not many people like the thought of their partner having had lots of different partners previously.
It is all a learning curve, every partner is different and by getting to know a partner rather than having a succession of short liaisons, you gain experience. It all becomes a lot more pleasurable as you become comfortable with one another, always learning new things together. So please think very carefully before doing something like that which could be damaging not only to your feelings, but your physical well being too.
TrouserMonkey
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby wiseone » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:10 pm

Dear poster,

Personally i think you should join a dating agency then at least you can state what you want from people and not get any time wasters,

Going to a prostitute is ok if you know what you want and thats all , its when you start to go to them and there's always a chance that you could slip down the slippery path of addiction or look for love in a place that there is none.

And also its only a sticking plaster solution which you may be better off in a relationship.

W1
wiseone
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby snail » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:42 pm

Odinson86 hasn't visited the site since the day he posted this two months ago. He could be visiting without logging on of course, but I doubt he's reading replies.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Sexuality