Women trouble ! Christian view would be awesome :)

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Women trouble ! Christian view would be awesome :)

Postby confused-dudette » Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:38 pm

ok i have been going to church well forever and although i am not a christian i respect what is said in church. Believe the bible and etc.

The problem is i have always had feelings for girls rather then guys. Which is hard enough to deal with. However the last few years i have had a crush on a woman at church, Fortunatly that seemed to be just a crush i went to uni in october and moved away from home only coming home for the w.e which made it easy to not think about her.

Now i am at home for the summer, i take her daughter home from church and get on well with her family and husband so one night she txt me just to say thanks. So now we txt a lot and i visit her and which appears to me as though she flirts with me ! The family go to the church but again aren't christians. So it is really eating me up the fact that she seems to be flirting with me yet i know this could never go anywhere she is married and a woman !

If anyone could tell me what to do to get my mind off her otherwise i might go insane. Thanks

TJ x
confused-dudette
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby emma_leigh_2003 » Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:46 pm

Send Llisa a private message (you find her name dotted all over the forum), she's also a christian and might be able to help you with your problem. I know there's other christian's on here but she's the one that seem's to make a lot of sense

Anyway i'll try and offer a little bit of advice...I think you should stop bringing this woman's child home, stop texting her, basically cut all ties with her as the more you see her, the more you'll think about her. You know the old saying don't you? Out of sight, out of mind!

Sorry if this advice was a bit...well rubbish
emma_leigh_2003
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Llisa » Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:19 pm

Hi hun,
Thanks, Emma Leigh, I appreciate your comment.
Confused Dudette, hey! I could offer you a ton of verses and what not that tell you in the eyes of God, what you're thinking is wrong. But basically, my favourite one is in Genesis, where Adam and Eve are created.
You say you read the Bible and understand it and what not, which is great, so you'll know that Eve was taken from Adam's side, and made into a women. Hence our phrase when people get married "Now together as one flesh". You'll notice that Steve was not taken out of Adam's side...and Eve wasn't taken out of a woman's side. If that were the case, then homosexuality would be meant to be.
I know that sometimes it's hard to help how you feel. But if you really want to stop this and do what's right, Emma Leigh gave excellent advice. You're just torturing yourself by taking her daughter home and that. And you KNOW that breaking up a home is not something you should do.
Even if you do break everything off with this woman, I know it's going to be hard, because there's always going to be somebody else right? You need to pray and help God to help you in this matter...and you should know that you don't have to be a Christian to ask God for help. If you truly want to get rid of those thoughts, God will not deny you, and he will help you change your mind.
So that's my advice from a sister in Christ, and I pray that things will get better with you.
May God be with you
Will be praying for you
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Thanks

Postby confused-dudette » Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:37 am

Hey

Thank you for your replys, It's kinda funny that you cant really seem something thats right in front of you. You know the answer yet are afraid of it !
You are both totally right and i know the answer to my own question but when someone tells you, it just seems to make sense.

Emma leigh thanks for your directness :) and lisa thanks for showing me the way forward. i appriciate your kindness and thoughts.

lisa you seem like a pretty sound christian my church wud luv ya :)
confused-dudette
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Trikken » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:22 pm

It sounds like the others have done a great job helping you, but i felt i must say that lots of women go through a period like this, it is a kind of hero-worship that children have, when they make an attachment to someone older to themselves, an obsession almost, a 'love' of this person. some psychologists see this 'love' of a person of the same sex as one type of lesbianism but usually passes and can reocuur or occure later on in life.
Trikken
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Fidel » Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:55 am

Are you by any chance a Catholic?
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: Women trouble ! Christian view would be awesome :)

Postby Enigma » Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:30 am

Note that this topic addressed a issue that was resolved in July 2003. Please now only post in this topic if you have some particular experience or opinion to contribute to it.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby KoRn_Freak » Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:47 pm

I'm not a Christian, and I never have been, although I do respect the church and some of the teachings of the Bible, even though I have personally never followed them.

Homosexuality within the Christian faith is one of those delicate issues that can stir up a bit of controversy, but it's by no means tabboo. I have no great extensive knowledge of the Bible, although I have read it once. I know that some Christians don't necessarily agree with homosexuality, but I think the only person who can judge it for sure is the one experiencing it, in this case, you.
The woman you have feelings for is married, and obviously you respect that, but you can't ignore what's inside. In the best interests to keep your friendship with this woman platonic and her family secure, you shouldn't act upon what you feel.
As far as sexuality is concerned, I personally believe that love is beautiful no matter who you feel it for, male or female. It shouldn't matter, and it doesn't matter because it's natural regardless of what any sacred text says. I think it only becomes an issue when it has the potential ability to cause rifts between people, just like you and this woman and her family, and the ability to break friendships.

Perhaps my opinion is garbage, but I hope it will help you in some way
We've got a long way to go; when snow hits the asphalt, cold looks and bad talk come...
We've got a long way to go; it's beyond Martin Luther: upgrade computer.
KoRn_Freak
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Sexuality