What on earth?!

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

What on earth?!

Postby Fragmented » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:01 pm

Hey,

Been a bit of a while since I surfaced on here. Not sure if anyone can really advise on this, but I guess it helps just to get it off your chest.

So yeah, those of you that have been on here for a while and remember my old posts will know I was dating someone who totally messed me up mentally and emotionally and then cut off. Anyway I spent a good 4-5 months getting over it. I got my head straight and felt like life was on the up. Then on my birthday a couple of months ago she text me to say happy birthday and basically said 'you don't need to reply blah blah...'. My gut instinct was to reply with 'Thanks'. And leave it at that, but for some completely stupid unknown reason I retaliated to her text and this ended up with countless texts backwards and forwards.

It began with the usual recriminations but over a couple of weeks my anger slowly subsided and I let my guard down. So for the last 2 and a half months we've been texting/talking every day almost and although I havent declared any feelings for her. It's like she'd continuously try and prompt me to say I missed her, wanted her, still loved her. All the same mind games kind of started again. One minute saying she really misses me and what we had, the next saying it would never work. Then saying she wants me, followed by 'I'm not looking for that kind of thing' a few days later. Because I was aware of this from before, I didn't let my guard down enough for her to really get close. But the fact we spoke/text every day meant she just consumed the whole of my life again.

Anyway last week I met up with her for a couple of hours. Nothing major, we just got some food. This was the first time I'd seen her since the break up. Since then she's just totally cut me off again. It began with a few abrupt replies to my texts. Then no contact for a couple of days. She ignored my call, said she'd call back, never called and totally went off at me when I asked why she didn't.

Can someone please slap some sense into me, lol. I mean who on earth does this kind of thing? And why? I just don't get what she got out of that.

Anyone able to shed any light?
Thanks.
Fragmented
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Re: What on earth?!

Postby RagDoll » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:23 pm

Ok, well I guess you don't need me to say that it's best if you just cut all contact with her because I think you know that. If I were you, I'd either change your number, or block her number from your phone. You need to completely cut her out of your life so that she can't contact you.. not even to say happy birthday, or whatever else.

I can understand you wanting to understand why she'd be like this, but I don't think it's possible to understand some people. Especially not manipulative people who play mind games. Just be thankful you didn't go as far as to get back with her and that you can walk alway the situation (again) the nicer and most decent person of the both of you.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: What on earth?!

Postby Skarlet » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:49 pm

I agree with Ragdoll. I think changing your number or blocking hers, and ignoring anything you hear from her is the only way to get her out of your life.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Sexuality