Me and my ex

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Me and my ex

Postby serath » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:04 am

This is my first post so hey to everyone and any advice would be much appreciated.
So basically i'm a 22 year old female and me and my first girlfriend broke up in November and it was probably one of the hardest things i've gone through, I still love her even though she broke up with me.
I kinda always knew I liked girls, even after having boyfriends, there was always something in the back of my head that attracted me to girls. So I realised I was bi.
My ex is one of my best friends, we were amazing friends and we both wanted more and decided that if we ever did break up we would always be friends.
Long story short, she got kicked out of her house and I told her to move in with me which was great, it's really all I wanted, but I guess moving in together after only really being together for a few weeks was probably not the best idea. Everything just went jelly basically, which resulted in the break up.
We had drifted apart and she had been pushing me away but I never thought it would end the way it did. She didn't have any where else to go so she continued living with me, as time went on it got harder and harder. She started seeing other people and it really hit me hard to the point where my mum kicked her out the house. Luckily her parents had decided to let whatever had happened between them to go so at least she moved back in there.
But now we're apart again she has been really nice to me, like inviting me over to her parents to stay and she arranges to meet me when i've finished work and i'm just really confused to where it is all leading.
Is she wanting to try again? Is she just missing the company? Has she realised how good she had it?
I just really don't know and any advice would be awesome.
serath
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Me and my ex

Postby RagDoll » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:24 am

Since you said you'd remain friends if you broke up, it could be that she's doing nothing more than trying to re-kindle your friendship?

It's hard to say without knowing the details though... how does she act when she's around you? Is he overly affectionate etc. or is she just acting like a friend would e.g. nice, but not coupley?

Is she still seeing other people?

To be honest, if you want to know where this is going, the only way to know is to ask her how she feels. Having said that, do you want to start a relationship with her again? I know you said you still love her, but that doesn't mean you should be together. There were obviously problems in your relationship, or you wouldn't have broken up. Are they things which can be rectified?
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby RagDoll » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:25 am

P.S. Welcome to PP :D
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby retrochav » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:33 pm

hello,

I think the only way to be sure on this one is to ask her about her feelings up front. Be prepared for an answer that may not match your hopes though.

You need to know where you stand, and where this is going. Otherwise the confusion and emotional damage will get worse. If she wants you back, ensure that its what you want too - both partners can feel lost and lonely after a relationship break up, and make wrong choices.

If you are going for friendship, agree about what is fair to you both - going out on the pull together should be a no-no until you both honestly feel ready to, as should too much tactile cuddling as that can throw up mixed signals.

If you agree to make a go of things, agree to talk things through more, and be honest with each other, as love without trust cant survive this world for long.

good luch
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Sexuality