Any advice?

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Any advice?

Postby mp4567 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:12 pm

Hi,

I have been in a relationship with a girl for over a year now, but im having feelings for a male friend of mine. Ive known him for a few years and he is in an openly gay relationship. I dont know what to do, im starting to really like him, and ive never felt this way about anyone before never mind a guy. I feel like just ending my relationship with my girlfriend because of this but i really dont know if it is the right decision! I dont think he has any idea that I feel this way about him, and if i said something it might ruin our friendship.

Im really confused by this, and would really appreciate any advice :)

Thanks
mp4567
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Any advice?

Postby ennis81 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:37 pm

Hey hun,
How old are you if you don't mind me asking? When did you start feeling like this about your male friend and have you ever found yourself attracted to a guy before? Hows your relationship with your girlfriend in general and the rest of your life going? I know this must be very confusing but you must think of this from every angle, I don't want to sound patronising but if your only young you might be feeling a bit confused sexually or feel drawn to this guy for different reasons
ennis81
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby mp4567 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:47 pm

hey,

im 21, Ive never felt this way about a guy before, but i have been attracted to guys in the past. i would consider myself to be bisexual but i havent told this to anyone! relationship with my girlfriend is ok, not great tho. i dont want to put any effort into my relationship, because i feel this way about someone else. i really do like this guy and have feelings towards him, i just dont know how to tell him? or if i should even tell him?!
mp4567
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:35 pm

One thing at a time
If your heart isn't in it with your girlfiend split up with her and let her be free to find someone who does like her
Then be on your own for a bit and you will probably get some clarity about how you feel.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Sexuality