No Sex!!

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

No Sex!!

Postby selina » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:31 pm

I met up again through a social networking site with a boy I used to go to school with. We didn't have much to do with each other at school but were part of the same circle of friends. We hit it off really well and started seeing each other. Because of my long history of failed relationships I decided that this time I was going to do things 'properly' and get to know each other thoroughly and make sure I was sure before I slept with him. We had many conversations about previous relationships - he had been married - and things were going really well and it seemed we were being really open with each other. I decided after about 3 months of us seeing each other that the time was right and he was very keen!! However, things were going great until it actually came to having sex and then nothing happened. I put it down to nerves on his part and didn't make a thing of it, but then it happened again and again and again!! Feeling a bit like it was my fault I thought that maybe we should talk about it and discovered that it always happened and that was why his marriage had finshed!!! After asking why he had never discussed the possibility of it happening with us he said that if he had told me I may not have wanted to continue seeing him.
Now I feel a bit cheated as if the decision to have a relationship was taken out of my hands. I do really like him but I'm not sure that I want to spend the rest of my life not having sex. It's not even as if there are plenty of other things to do as he has said he's not comfortable with anything ' down there '
What should I do? Give up on him although he is perfect in every other way and treats me like a queen or just learn to live without sex! :-s
selina
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: No Sex!!

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:55 pm

If he is willing to get help then I would hang in there but if he won't seek help from wither a doctor or a sexual counsellor then I don't think it's worth continuing
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Re: No Sex!!

Postby retrochav » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:06 pm

I would put a time limit to this relationship. If three months doesnt bring about the conversation, compromise or resolution to the problem, you may have to settle for friendship.

It could be nerves, it could be that he has deep routed issues around sex, we simply dont know. What we can be sure of is that sex is a bonding issue between two lovers and without it things get unstuck.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Sexuality