we are driftin apart.

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

we are driftin apart.

Postby atomic kitten » Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:53 am

:( Hi,
My best mate has recently told me that he is gay, and i have accepted it, but i don't think that he has. We have just come off holiday, which was booked before he told me, and all week he was in a right mood, i felt like he did not want to be there, and i have not seen him since, we usually meet on Saturdays but lately we have not, as he meets people that he has met on the internet who are in the same position that he is in. And i feel that he does not want to be around me anymore, when we do meet i get the feeling that he does not want to be there. I don't know what to do ever since he told me we are not as close as we were, i don't have a problem with his sexuality as my hero (Stephen Gately) is gay, and he knows that. My family think i should just forget him and let him get on with it, but i am not sure.

Please help
atomic kitten
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby jasperlens » Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:49 pm

Listen to your family,
This is something HE needs to sort out for himself, if you can accept him but he can`t accept it himself you will only end up getting hurt.
It must have taken some guts for him to admit it to you and the meeting with other people is his way of moving on.
Take care.
jasperlens
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

we are driftin apart

Postby atomic kitten » Thu Aug 14, 2003 3:32 pm

:D
Thank you very much for your advice, it was my birthday the other day and he sent me a beutiful card with a lovely verse in it, I think he was going through a bad patch.
I know i should let him get on with it but we have been through a lot together in the past 8 years.
I am going to talk to him about it when i see him soon, and see if we can get as close as we used to be.

Thank you again
atomic kitten
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby jasperlens » Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:29 pm

Hi atomic kitten,
I`m glad he is keeping in touch with you and i hope you sort out your friendship.
Take care
jasperlens
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

We are driftin apart

Postby atomic kitten » Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:00 pm

:evil:

Hi,
Thank you for your support,
we have now reached the stage of no return, and it is over. It was o.k for a while, but it has now gone bad again, and i don't think i am strong enough for it to happen again, i think i should just forget him, because i have now been hurt and he is not worth it. We were supposed to meet on saturday, but he did not turn up and he did not even let me know, i was stood around like a complete t*** for ages. I don't know why i am so surprised it is just the sort of thing he would do. When i realized that he was not coming i went around town om my own and had the best time, i have a £50 blowout and have never felt better.
It is just hard to forget eight years, he was the only one at school who wanted anything to do with me, and is about the only friend i have got.
My family keep telling to forget him. And i agree with them. He has no idea of how i feel, and i don't want to talk to him to let him know.
Do you think i am doing the right thing, or am i being selfish? I don't know what to think at the minute i am having a hard time at the minute, my job gets to me, and i have to go into hospital soon for a brain scan, as i have a cyst growing on my brain, (not yet big enough to worry about, yet!!) and it is coming up to a year since i lost my grandad, and i am in a right muddle.

Please help, i am going crazy.
atomic kitten
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

we are driftin apart

Postby atomic kitten » Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:20 am

Hi,
It has all been sorted, he has been havin problems at home, about some other things and he forgot that he was meetin me, and i got the wrong end of the stick, cos i was stressed about my scan, which went well, i have just got to wait for the results, and we are going to sort things out the next time we meet, whenever that will be.

Thankyou for your support
atomic kitten
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby woopdecker » Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:36 am

Hi Atomic Kitten, i really do think you should talk things through with him, and see how it goes from there, it sounds like your both going through a hard time and are taking it out each other.
Just see how it goes when you two meet.

Good luck and keep us posted, p.s, dont worry about the scan, i'm sure it went fine.
Keep ya chin up :)

Luv Maz
some people never listen. Others never try, with eyes and ears shut tight.. the world just passes them by.
woopdecker
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Jo » Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:35 am

I agree with Woodpecker. Try to keep the friendship alive at some level. It might be that its going to go through a rough patch but it could make your friendship stronger in the end.
Jo
Site Owner
Site Owner

we r driftin apart

Postby atomic kitten » Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:48 pm

:D
Hi,
Thanks for all of the support. Sorry that i have not kept you posted before now, i have been busy and time does fly.
The scan went ok, the results came back and shows that it has not grown for another year which is good news, and i still have to go back for another on next year to check up on it.
As far as my friendship goes that is long gone, and i am not upset about it, i feel i don't know him any more, last time we met was christmas eve, and i felt like he was a complete stranger, and i did not feel comfortable talking to him at all, so that is all over now. And personally i feel so much better that we are not friends, i feel i am becoming more confident, and find it easier to make new friends.

Thank you so much for the support

Take care
xx
atomic kitten
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Sexuality