Advise please???

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Should I tell her how I feel?

Yes
86%
No
14%

Total votes : 7

Advise please???

Postby ambie » Tue Oct 14, 2003 6:23 pm

I first realised I was bi about a year ago and didnt tell my friends to begin with because I was scared they would change the way they acted around me, but then I realised that if they did, they were the ones with the problem, so I started telling a few people. I recently started a new college and made some news friends!!! I had decided that before I went I would be up front about my sexuality from the beginning, but when I got there they all seemed pretty straight, so I kept quiet! There was this girl that I secretly kinda hoped was bi....I went out the other night and I found out that she is actually bi and I admitted I was too, we found out that we kinda agreed open the same things baout our sexuality and agreed that if we needed to talk we could go 2 each other!! she kept hugging me and sayin that it was really cool that we could tell each other etc!

When we were in the loo's two lesbians started chatting her up and I felt so jealous, coz I've realised I really like her (luckily she didnt like them) I want to tell her how I feel but I dont want to scare her off or ruin our new friendship (coz I've only known her like 5-6 weeks) but then what if she feels the same but shes too scared to say?? Please reply soon and tell me what u think I should do???

Edited for colloquial language (text talk) by smile 15/10/03. Content not changed.
Plz reply soon!

Take care!!

Ambie!!
xXxXx
ambie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Lorelei » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:48 pm

Well, just make sure that you haven't 'decided' to like her because she's the only person you can really relate to.

I'm sure it's genuine, though, as you say you always hoped she was bi. If I were you, I'd make an effort to go out with her (with plenty of drink involved) as often as possible and keep doing lots of hugging and talking, inc. compliments and bonding galore. If the feeling is mutual, you'll be kissing in no time, trust me. Then you can say how glad you are that it happened as you really like her, and hopefully she'll say the same and Bob's your uncle... I hope!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, Sweetie!xxx
Lorelei
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby fudge » Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:39 pm

hi
well you have been honest enought with each other so far so why change things and lets face it the worse that could happen is she could say she just wants to be friends :D
thats all the advice i have right now hope it helped
fudge
fudge
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby lilo » Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:36 pm

Yeah tell her!

Just don't be too heavy and come on all strong or anything and things will be fine!

I'm sure she likes you too and would like to get to know you better as well!

Good luck xxx
Life's like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get!!!!!
lilo
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Lesley-Anne » Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:30 pm

I think you should tell her how you feel because she doesn't sound like the sorta person that wud judge you and treat u different cos of your feelings towards her bt i think u shud do as lorelei sed 1st tho to see if things just happen!
good luck anyway! x
Lesley-Anne
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby ambie » Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:15 am

Thanks for replying!! Since I last wrote, I have been texting her sum evenings and seeing her in college! She seems to now be making more eye contact etc!! Last nite I text her and just said to her: if a u 'liked' one of ur friends would u tel them how u felt, even if u were worried that they might not feel the same or that if u were worried they'd change the way they acted round u, and then I asked if she would feel awkward if one of her friends told her they liked her and she repleid sayign that she would be careful before telling someone, because if they dont feel the same it could mess up the friendship and that she would feel pretty awkward if a friend told her they liked her, if she didnt feel the same!! Now I dont know what to do, I want to tell her because u onyl; live once and what if she feels the same but on the otehr hand I dont want to make our friendship awkward or mess it up totally!!!

Thanks again for replying!!

xxxxx
Plz reply soon!

Take care!!

Ambie!!
xXxXx
ambie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Sexuality