im so confused

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

im so confused

Postby ela » Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:38 am

i am nearly 17 and have recently started college. i have always thought of my sexuality as straight and i was pretty sure of that i was straight, untill now. there is someone who is also female at my college. i feel as though i think she is very attractive and i cant stop thinking about her. when i see her i feel nervous and have this feeling inside which i cant explain, i am so confused and i am starting to doubt the way i feel about my sexuality, i am still attracted to men but recently ive started to look and think women are attractive. its driving me crazy thinking about her all the time and i do not know what to do. please help!
ela
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby luvva » Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:18 pm

hey
well mainly wen ppl write dis problem in magazines and that, people reply dat wen your young you will often have feelings for people of the same sex. im not usre if dats wot dey would still say cos your 17 but wen you're growing up you always have mixed feelings about things. If you still feel attrated to men maybe you could be bisexual. quite alot of people always say that theu think they are bisexual cos dey have feelings for the opposite sex but sometomes have feeling for people of the same sex. You probably have to wait a bit longer and just try and think and see if its just a passing crush or if its something that you wanna go into deeper.
Bye xxx
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby cheese100 » Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:53 pm

Dont worry some people can be quite unsure for a while in terms of there sexuality.Both this and being a lesbian is normal (im not by the way)so dont panic.cheese xx
cheese100
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: im so confused

Postby UniBum » Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:17 pm

Ur not alone, i feel the same way aswell. Its confusing ey?!
UniBum
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Lorelei » Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:15 pm

Everyone believes they have a 'type'.
You might like blonde guys but find yourself attracted to a dark guy one day.
Similarly, you might think men are your type but you now find yourself attracted to women.
At the end of the day, you might never feel attracted to a woman again as long as you live or you might feel attracted to many.
Don't worry so much about putting yourself in a category (i.e. straight, bisexual, gay) and focus on being happy.
If you meet an attractive woman and your feelings are reciprocated, you might find a wonderful relationship or it might just be a learning experience.
If you never end up with a woman, it doesn't matter because you're also attracted to men.
If you don't prefer one over the other, you just have the advantage of doubling the amount of people you potentially find attractive!
All that matters is following your heart.
Your heart might keep changing but as long as you know that you're true to yourself, you will have a fulfilling love life regardless of your sexual preferences.xxx
Lorelei
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby UniBum » Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:39 pm

Well said Lorelei. This world is obsessed with putting people into categories, it puts people under pressure to "fit in"
UniBum
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Fidel » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:35 am

I hate categories
Theres no-one else in the world like me and people respect me for being different. All of my friends have short spikey hair (all the same) but I have long hair. I play the guitar in a different style from everyone. I write music differently and my sense of humour is unique.

Be urself.
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to Sexuality