What am i?

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

What am i?

Postby queenanubis » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:23 pm

I'm not too sure if I am bi or straight...I find that I am mainly into guys but there are some girls that I feel things for...what do I do?
queenanubis
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Sammeh » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:19 pm

Don't worry about it. It can be confusing trying to deal with/work out your sexuality but it's just best to let things work themselves out. it's only natural to get confused and there is nothing wrong with not being sure.

There's no reason why you need to say for certain "I'm straight" or "I'm bisexual". If you are attracted to other women that's fine, but a lot of people go through a phase of fancying people of the same gender. If it does turn out to be a long-term preference then there's not need to be ashamed of it.
You say it's gonna happen now...but what exactly do you mean? 'Cos I've already waited too long, and all my hope is gone...
Sammeh
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Dont worry

Postby rainbow-fairy » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am

Hiya,

I had a similar convo with my friend about this, I think women are more open about there feelings and so if we see a pretty woman we say i think that women is very pretty, men on the other hand are scared incase of making themselves uneasy with there sexuality.

Cya Rainbow :)
rainbow-fairy
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby all_apologies » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:12 pm

If this is a fairly recent thing then I'd advise you just to sit back and see where it goes. I've been in a similar situation for years, but for about the past year have almost completely gone off men and therefore think I may be purely into women. Having never tried it out, it's difficult to tell.

Your feelings could on one hand mean you're bisexual, but on the other it could just be friendly affection you're feeling for specific women, or just a phase you're going through. How do you feel about these women, and how long has it been going on for? When you're attracted to females, do you feel a stronger connection than when you're attracted to males? This sort of thing may shed some light on your sexuality.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby fairy of darkness » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:41 pm

I don't think you need to decide what sexuallity you are, you meet people and you like who you like, why do we have to be put into catergories?xxx
Constantly moving
fairy of darkness
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby JulieAndrewslovesu » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:30 pm

i would just test out your emotions by actually experimenting with women. maybe accidentally on purpose find yourself in a gay bar and have a fun 'girly night in' :wink:

iv been through the whole gay thing, and i am so much happier now iv come to terms with the fact i am gay. as all_apologies said, you have got to decide who you have a stronger attraction for, males or females, or maybe both. i agree with fairy of darkness, dont try too ard to categorize yourself. and above all don't feel ashamed. wer all different, uv only got to watch Jerry Springer to know that!

no-matter what, don't push yourself into likeing anyone, it only causes unhappines.

hope it helps

x x x
Always go with your heart, never with your gut. Afterall, you may just be hungry.

We coulda been anything that we wanted to be,
but dont it make ur heart glad?
That we decided, our fact we take pride in,
we became the best at being bad!
JulieAndrewslovesu
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Thanks

Postby queenanubis » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:48 pm

Thanks for teh advise...thing is, I've had these feelings for while. I even had my first experience with a girl at 11 and 15. Though both of these never went too far, there was something there in terms of heat...

I want to go to a gay bar one time but I'm put off by two reasons. I don't want to go alone and I'm not thin either and I've always been given the impression that the gay community were quite body aware more so then straight people.
queenanubis
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Thanks

Postby Moose » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:40 pm

queenanubis wrote:I've always been given the impression that the gay community were quite body aware more so then straight people.

Really? I've never heard of that. Maybe it's not too much of a good idea to go alone, but don't let your size put you off.

Maybe you could get a close friend to go with you to a gay bar, if you really want to go. You don't have to go round snogging everyone: just see how you feel talking to the girls, and see if that sort of thing is comfortable to you.
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby all_apologies » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:40 pm

I don't think appearance is something to worry about - there'll be as much diversity in terms of looks in a gay club as there would in a predominantly straight club.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JulieAndrewslovesu » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:22 pm

yes i agree with all_apologies. gays come in all shapes and sizes, probably even more so than straights, you know, with the whole lesbian butch thing.

do you know anyone else who is gay? i found that hanging around gays really helps confidence in that area.

x x x
Always go with your heart, never with your gut. Afterall, you may just be hungry.

We coulda been anything that we wanted to be,
but dont it make ur heart glad?
That we decided, our fact we take pride in,
we became the best at being bad!
JulieAndrewslovesu
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby queenanubis » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:08 pm

Thanks for all the info. I do have a close friend but she always talks about being gay like it was a sickness so I am a little worried about coming to her with this kind of problem. Other then that I am not too sure...all the girls I have met that are gay or bi were very beautiful, I mean stunning so that also lingers in the back of my mind too.
queenanubis
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Sexuality