Am i too attached to her?

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Am i too attached to her?

Postby elmo24 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:44 am

I'm in love with my best friend (we're both females). She says she's in love with me too. I don't know yet whether this is a 'relationship' kind of love...we have kissed and experimented on a few occasions - I love being with her but still wonder whether 'things' have happened just because we trust each other enough to do it.

The thing is, she's gone away for a couple of weeks and after only a few hours I'm missing her like I've never missed anyone. I feel lost and empty and wish I was with her. :cry:

Now, I'm such a strong 'get on with my life' kinda person generally and can't believe I'm falling to pieces :roll: I don't want to overload her with emails/texts etc...I'm afraid she'll think I've gone mad!

Have I lost the plot or can anyone identify with me? :-?
All you need is love...
elmo24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby lilessexgal » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:30 am

trust me you are not going over the top with the way you feel unless you text her every minute of everyday and she doesnt want you to.

just relax and find something to take up your time while she is gone and before you know it she will be back!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Lorelei » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:50 pm

I absolutely agree!
It's perfectly normal to miss a person that you are in love with!
As lilessexgal said, don't bombard her with texts. Just text her as much as she texts you.
Meet up with some other friends, or rent some good DVDs.
Maybe you can plan something really nice and romantic for when she gets back, to show her how much you care!xxx
Lorelei
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Cameron2810 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:52 pm

Starting a relationship is with such a good friend is tricky business believe me. If it all ends in tears and you end up seperated, your friendship may never rekindle. I know that might hurt and I hate sounding too much of an old timer but be careful. I am a gay man myself and it's happened.

Me and my best mate Gavin are as close as they come. And for a straight man like him, theres noway a relationship could ever form between us. But we are extremely close, so close other men could find it weird. But Gavin is confident within his sexuality and that's why we are so close. We share an awful lot. But getting involved with him would I feel ruin everything.

I'm just saying be careful what you do. And text her. Once every few days. If you get no replies. Leave it until she texts you. She will eventually, believe me.

good luck xx
Cameron2810
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby elmo24 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:29 pm

Thanks all for your advice. Cameron2810 - I know what you mean, but we are taking things very very slowly at the moment. It may turn out that we'll just be very close best friends, either way, as long as she's in my life. I'm just so happy that I may have met my soulmate at 23.

We chatted on MSN last night and she said how much she was missing me and that it was starting to hit her how much she loved me :D so I'm feeling a bit happier now... I do have other friends around me who are making an effort to amuse me 8) so it's all good.

Thanks again... just wanted to check I wasn't turning into a crazy woman :o
All you need is love...
elmo24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby all_apologies » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:42 pm

I don't think you're crazy at all - when you feel so strongly for someone it's all-consuming. As said above, refrain from sending her messages every two minutes, but don't think it's wrong that you're missing her so much. And after reading what she said on MSN, I don't think you've got anything to worry about, because it sounds as if she's just as into you as you're into her.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Moose » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:32 am

all_apologies wrote:And after reading what she said on MSN, I don't think you've got anything to worry about, because it sounds as if she's just as into you as you're into her.

Yep, and how lucky does that make you?! Enjoy it. :)
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby elmo24 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:34 pm

Thanks guys :D you're the best!
All you need is love...
elmo24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Sexuality