The Girl At Work!

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

The Girl At Work!

Postby dappychick88 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:44 pm

Heya guys!

I have a slight problem on my hands. Well, slight is a little of an understatement! hehe. I recently started a new job and have started liking this girl that works there. Problem is, she has a boyfriend, and i don't think she likes girls like i do! Thing is, i cant stop thinking about her, but i also like guys too, its totally wierd!

So, in a nut shell, i like this girl, who has a boyfriend, and i wont be able to tell her how i feel as, A - im too shy to say sumin like that to another girl, B - she has a bloke!

Anyine got any bright ideas?!?!
dappychick88
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby mew_mew_kitten » Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:33 pm

I think this is a lost cause really. You have to accept that this girl is not a lesbian, and probably does not feel the same way about girls like you do - and probably never will. Why not accept that you can't have her, and look elsewhere - where you know you will not be disappointed? There are loads of college clubs and associations outside of college where you are bound to meet girls that you know you can pursue a relationship with.

I don't mean to sound so harsh but if you carry on thinking you can be with her you'll just end up even more disappointed in the long run. And don't think it will end up like 'Sugar Rush' either!! Plus she has a boyfriend and if you begin to get involved with her it would push him out and it would be very unfair.

Goodluck :-) xx
mew_mew_kitten
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Moose » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:22 pm

An age-old problem unfortunately! Most gay/bi people fancy people who aren't that way inclined at some point. Anyway, are you sure she's not bi? What is it you like about her?

Although it could be a lost cause, it's not necessarily. Try to strike up a friendship with this girl (if you haven't already), and see how comfortable you are with each other. You say you are too shy to tell her - well you don't really have to yet. Just keep things casual for the moment, and you'll soon be able to tell if it's worth persuing or if you'll have to just move on.
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dappychick88 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:01 am

Heya Moose,

Thanks for your advice, iv taken that on board. I like her because shes funny and caring. Fair enough i don't know her that well, but one can tell when they like someone! I'm just hoping that my feelings will pass, and she will just become a great friend! I have no idea whether shes bi or not, but all i know is she has a bf, i suppose il have to find out with time. hehe.

I think i just prefer girls because they know how another girl thinks and acts. Oh well, lets just see how things go.

Thanks again, xxx
dappychick88
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Sexuality