I'm a lesbian!

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I'm a lesbian!

Postby SAVVY » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:08 pm

HIYA PEEPS! :lol:
I'm gay and I really want to go out with a girl... Unfortunately for me all the girls that I fancy are straight!! :oops: But even if I do start seeing a girl then I wouldn't know where to start or what to do. This is because I've never been with a guy either! Please help! :)

edited for text talk by all_apologies
SAVVY
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby luvva » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:26 pm

I'm not sure what you mean when you say 'Where to start or what to do', but if it's going to be your first proper relationship, I'd say that you should just take things slow.

You can do what you want, just as long as you and your girlfriend are both happy. There aren't any rules about what you should be doing or how you should be doing things, I think taking it at your own pace is best.
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby SAVVY » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:24 pm

heya! thnx 4 ur reply! :wink: itz gud advice. the problem wud be tht itz reli hard to knw who is gay and who is straight!!? :P
SAVVY
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby SAVVY » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:13 pm

I'm really scared that I won't know what to do with another girl! It isn't just where to start or what to do.

There's this girl that I've never seen at college, people say she's gay to and she's been with loads of girls... I said that I wantd to meet her because I want to find out more about my sexuality. She's apparantly really good looking and gets asked out by loads of guys!

I believe this cos you don't go around sayin that kinda stuff if it's not true.
I feel that when I meet her it'll be really weird and I won't be as confident around her... I'll feel as if she'll be looking at me in difrent ways and that she'll think I'm not attractive or something!

edited by all_apologies: please write in proper English
SAVVY
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby luvva » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:46 pm

Aww I'm sure you'd been fine meeting her, she's just another person, try to concentrate on just getting to know her rather than going out with her.

I know it must be hard to work out whether people are straight or gay, but I think you should just get to know people as friends, and then you could just ask them, and even if they are straight...you would have made yourself a new friend!
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby lee2005 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:34 pm

hey savvy...are there any gay bars or clubs in your area you could go to? do your friends know that you're gay? perhaps one of them could go with you to check out your local 'scene' if you have one. you'll probably find lots of other girls in the same boat as you...i know i did! i came out at 18 and had all the same fears as you....believe me one day you will look back and be surprised how many other people worry about this. i know that doesn't completely help how you're feeling at the moment but hopefully it will help you to to not panic so much, relax and take things slowly.

x
lee2005
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby SAVVY » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:02 pm

thnx lee!
i have told 3 people so far, and i have been to a gay bar with a friend of mine. i wonder if you or anybody know the tell tale signs of a lesbian!! i'm so stuck in finding out if there are any other girls like me around school!!
SAVVY
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby danielle » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:55 am

i dont think there are any tell tail signs of being a lesbian i have known people in school who when i worked in a gay bar i was shocked to see in there i would never of guessed.
when any body likes someone they have to take that risk of are they straight are they gay.
i mean im straight but trust me i have had a fair few knock back by guys i have thought where straight and they turn out to be gay and with their partner.
when i worked in the bar i learned that you cant tell what sexuality they are unles they are snogging someone.
so just go for it if you like some one them let them know with slight hints.
as long as your not ashamed of being gay then nothing can go wrong if it turns out there straight then just think what a shame.
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
ALL FOR FUN AND FUN FOR ALL
danielle
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby lee2005 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:58 am

oh dear....i still dont always pick out the gay girls from the straight girls...even after all these years!! i wasn't out at school at all, i'm impressed at how young you have come to terms with your sexuality! i struggled for a long time to accept mine but i love who i am now. as danielle said you can't always tell from looking if someone is gay, there is no particular dress code...though i have to admit that would help a bit!!!! why dont you try chatting to girls in your area online - have you looked at www.gaydargirls.co.uk? its a good way to make friends and get a bit of support if you need it...
good luck x
lee2005
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: I'm a lesbian!

Postby zoe17 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:54 pm

hiya i kno exactly what your goin through i have difficulty tellin straight girls frm gay girls. i normally end up liking straight girls cos im not old enough to go out to clubs yet. i will be able to soon tho 4th feb :P cnt wait any way. my advice would be to see how it goes i mean i think thats the best thing you can do thats what im gonna have to do cos i havnt had a girlfriend yet either. so just see how things go and you could try this website www.faceparty.co.uk. its prety good to make friends and stuff.
hope things go well.
zoe17
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby SAVVY » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:51 pm

THNX!!
At my other school i COMPLETELY fell for this girl and i reli luv her!!! :oops: and OBVIOUSLY shes straight!! :oops: I think girls find it hard to come to people! I go to a gay bar but whenever i go there are couples there!!! And hardly anyone who is my age! :x
At college now i see lots of reli good looking girls and i have seen one girl thats just started in one of my classes!!! shes GORGEOUS :P
Is there any advice on how to chat to her...i don't know if shes gay or straight!!
SAVVY
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby danielle » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:01 am

just chat ask her how she is and what made her choose this college.
girls always know how to chat thats one of our gifts we can start a conversation with anything or anyone or is that just me :o
ALL FOR FUN AND FUN FOR ALL
danielle
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby SAVVY » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:22 pm

HIYA EVRYONE!!!
Just to let you know that the girl I found attractive in one of my classes hasn't been to one since and therefore I havent seen her! I don't know what I think of her anymore so I think i'll leave it for the time being! :)
I am gay and I am still having trouble accepting it!! :roll: I don't want to feel like this but I know that its what I am and whoever made me like this did it for a reason! So I hope God or whoever made the right choice!!! :P
SAVVY
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby lee2005 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:35 pm

it takes a while to adjust to being gay and its pretty scary, especially with worries about parents and friends reactions etc... I didnt want to be gay either, especially as my boyfriend was drop dead gorgeous! but i realised that i could never love him properly or feel loved properly the way i am with a woman. you will be fine, take your time to get used to who you are and get comfortable in your own skin. i am so happy i can't imagine being anyone else now, noone I know has an issue with who i sleep with and my family have totally accepted my girlfriend. you will be fine i'm sure, good luck girl...!!
lee2005
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby mattsglobe » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:45 pm

i think that you should really consider this, if you've never had a boy how do you know your a lesbian? me personally i'm bisexual and know how confusing it can be, but listen follow what ever feels right, don't worry about not knowing what to do because it just comes to you naturally.
nobody's perfect
so lets all be a nobody
mattsglobe
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Next

Return to Sexuality