Sexuality, people are finding out about me! I'm scared!

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Sexuality, people are finding out about me! I'm scared!

Postby SAVVY » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:55 pm

Hiya! Any advice would be great right now! I'm bisexual and I've told a few people at my college, but I heard a rumour that sum other girls and other people were asking if I was gay because they heard of someone!

I'm really scared because these people are homophobic for sure cos I've heard them talking about how they hate gay people and think they're freaks and wish them never to be born!

I don't know what to do, but I don't want a guy to hear this because we're getting on really really really well and if he hears that I'm bisexual he might be put off. But that's not as important as the whole of college finding out!

Please help! x x :oops: :( :( :(

edited by all_apologies: Savvy, please be reminded again that text talk is not permitted
SAVVY
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Ronin » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:27 pm

well it looks like the truth is out, somewhat. The best you can do (and this is easy for me to say) is to let people know the truth. If they want to be homophobic, and disown you then there is no way you could even be friends with them, let alone possibly have a relationship.

You can try to keep it low pro, if you want, but understand that you will get rumors floating around for example that you are a homosexual, which you are not. If I were in your shoes, I would have a hard tim telling people. I may take option B, and hide but it would only make things worse in the long run.

I think its better that you are standing on truth, and looking at people at an eye level, rather than hiding below them, and they are looking down upon you. Some will even look up to you, if they really appriciate who you are. To some the truth will have a negative affect, and for the people who really matters, it will have a positive one which will leave you feeling stress free eventually.
Ronin
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby SAVVY » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:30 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops:
i don't think i can tell any other people yet, definately not soon anyway!
itz very difficult at first to accept my sexuality, the people are deepl deeply homophobic and are 'bi*chy' they'll do anything for gossip and a rumour.
i'm reli scared as what if everyone finds out! i dnt want them to knw because they wont understand! :cry: :( :cry: :( :x
SAVVY
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby seksiclaire » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:53 pm

hiya chick. please dont worry about this. you need to realise that you are you, and the people that love you for you will accept this, and the ones who dont..sod them! i kno its hard for u because of this lad u like etc and it will be hard having to tell ppl the truth, but in the end you will be stress free and happy as others have said. These girls who are homophobic are obviously narrow minded because its fact that the world and society is changing nowadays and homosexuality and bisexuality is widely more accepted than previously. Honestly don't worry about them, they arent your friends are they? therefore u shudnt care what they think. I think bisexuality is so cool coz u get the best of both worlds and really get to explore your sex life. just go with the flow, maybe not go round telling people, but if you get asked by ppl or this lad u like, just say yes i am bi, and see how they react. They wont have the guts to stop being friends with u because of this.
seksiclaire
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby SAVVY » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:29 am

hiya!!
i'm kinda feelin cool that i'm bi. lol
to day these girls were asking my friend if i was gay, she said no of course but the fact they were asking scares me :(
its not obvious i'm gay at all, my friends were really surprised when i told them i was bi, so these otha girls are asking because they've heard a rumour!! it's freaky that they were asking, they wouldn't have brought it up unless it was serious!
SAVVY
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby SAVVY » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:04 pm

Hey!
well i'm going in 2 colege 2mro, at the soonest available opportunity i'l be going up to this person that i'm now pretty sure is the guy that told people.
I understand the need to share information....i mean somebody coming out about their sexuality is big big gossip, i don't think that i want to tell people yet at all and i'm going to wait until university, which'll be in 2 years time, so i'l be away from home and doing my own thing!
SAVVY
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Sexuality