Bisexual?

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Bisexual?

Postby ellie24 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:37 pm

My boyfriend has told me he is straight but has gay tendencies. He says that he appreciates a man- like he can admit that a guys fit without fancying them and without wanting to do anything about it. He says hed never want to take it any further. does this make him bisexual?
I just dont understand
please help
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ellie24
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby HamburgerHelper » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:44 pm

Hi,

I think it's a mistake to try and label people as gay, straight, bi-sexual or whatever. People fancy who they fancy. It shouldn't make any difference to you whether he fancies another man or another woman. He is with YOU now and that's what counts. If he is faithful to you, that is what's important. I think you should appreciate his honesty.

Hamburger
HamburgerHelper
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby all_apologies » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:48 pm

Hmm, I doubt that makes him bisexual. He's probably just more honest that most guys. I think that the vast majority of guys can appreciate if another man's attractive, it's just not seen as "manly" to admit it.

If you think of it from your own point of view, I'm sure you can look at girls and acknowledge their attractiveness despite having no feelings for them.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby LICKLELEA » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:57 pm

Thats quite a tricky one and I'm not so sure why he confessed that to you but it certainly does not mean that he is gay or has gay tendancies.

You can appreciate that someone of the same sex is attractive but not want to do anything about it.

Although he quite possibly could be bisexual, he could also be bi-curious and I'm sure if his feelings change then he will be truthful with you.

How did he end up confessing that to you?, was he drunk?
LICKLELEA
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby ellie24 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm

no he told me. he does tell me everything. it was just a normal evening. no drink. so thats why im sure hed tell me if he was.....
ellie24
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby LICKLELEA » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:06 pm

Well thats a good thing as he is being very honest with you. I'm sure you are right if anything changed he would definately let you know.

Don't worry about it as was said before, he is with you now so you should have nothing else to worry about.
LICKLELEA
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby umistgirl » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:12 pm

lol, I don't reckon he's bi. I've admitted to my fiance that I can appreciate a nice looking woman without 'fancying' her and I am very much straight. Womens magazines are FULL of women saying other women are gorgeous- 'ooo look at Sienna Miller this week- she has such great legs'....its not a lesbian thing- more envy or appreciation.

Like all_apologies said, he's just more honest than most men. I said once that I thought Frank Lampard was fit (well he is, isn't he?! =P~ ) and my bloke turned round and said 'yeah, I can see how you'd think that'. It doesnt mean he's gay, he can just see that he IS an attractive looking man. Same as when he said that Denise Van Outen is nice looking, all I could respond with is 'yeah she is' because she IS, not because I fancy her (or other women).
Always and never are two words you should always remember never to use.
umistgirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby X_Smiler_X » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:14 pm

I doubt he is bisexual. I go around saying "she's pretty", but that doesn't make me bisexual.

Its good he's honest with you, show's he's comfortable around you which is a great thing :D x
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

No!

Postby Kayleigh1983 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:03 pm

Not bisexual at all! My bf can recognise good looking male celebrities. Athough he wouldn't say it about someone on the street - I think it's anyone he thinks is out of my reach :lol: :lol: Johnny Depp?
Kayleigh1983
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Sexuality