Pretty messed up life because i`m a lesbian and a muslim

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Update : her husband is using domestic violence

Postby maz » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:20 pm

Hey update on everything.
Well i just wanted to ask for some advice as usual. Well i was at work today and i spoke to the neighbour of the girl that likes me.
Anyway what i heard just shocked me! I heard that her husband beats her up. I can`t believe it! she the next door neighbour also said that whenever the girl i likes husband beats her up she goes to the next door neighbours house. I am really upset, what he is doing to her. I knew she was unhappy in her marriage but i didn`t think it was this bad. What shall i do because what he is doing is domestic violence. She also has a little girl. I haven`t spoken to her for sometime because i am not a marriage wrecker but what i heard today! has really upset me. I wish i could protect her.
Please give me some advice.
Thank u for reading this.
maz
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Liquidius » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:25 pm

Well maybe you can still talk to her, but just as friends. She might not be ready to admit what's happening in her marriage at the moment, and until she does, there's nothing you can do. I'm sure you can still speak to her, without ruining her marriage.

I know its frustrating, and all you want to do is help, and get it stopped, but at the end of the day, it isn't your problem - if she wants help, she'll have to realise what's happening first.
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby depman » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:34 pm

Unfortunatly liquidus a lot of women will never seek the advice and will carry on being abused.
this woman and her child needs to break away from this horrible man now.
It is hard maz and for you too to do something about it.
IMO no one should be left alone to get on with it as it is their life.
She is being beaten and her life made miserable.
She has been put into a marriage possibly against her wishes as it was arranged,and probably doesn't even want to be with him but is frightened.
personally I am totally against arranged marriages but that is another subject.
I dont know how you can help this lady but it does need to be addressed.
Good luck.
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Liquidius » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:37 pm

I agree with depman. But please don't try and sort this out yourself. There's not much you can do.
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby maz » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:52 pm

Hey thank u all for your replies.
You are right i can`t just leave her like that. It is driving me crazy just thinking about the pain she is going through. I think she is only putting up with it because of the asian community; Because being separated/ or being divorced is not a big status. You don`t have as much respect as your married. She is really miserable at the moment, i just want to make her smile. I knew she really liked me, the first time i saw her but i knew i can not wreck someones marriage. I met her afterwards as well but each time i would distant myself due to this situation. Now after 3 months i heard about what is happening, i am really upset, and angry i just don`t know what is wrong with me? I stayed away from her but even if i stay away she is being hurt. I really can`t take this! I did all the right things but now i just don`t know what to do. Maybe i should talk to her or something. It just keeps going round and round in my head.
:( Hope to hear from u soon.
Thank u
maz
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Previous

Return to Sexuality