Is my friend gay?

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Is my friend gay?

Postby sunshine_xx » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:18 pm

I'm abit concerned about my really good friend. Whenever we talk about guys we like or who we think are good looking she will never ever join in or make any sort of comment. I thought at first that maybe she was just shy or never had a boyfriend before, but ive tried just talking about it just me and her and its still as hard. Shes outgoing in every other way other than this. She got a really big lovely valentines card off a secret admirer too and she didnt even seem that bothered. It wouldnt change my opinion of her at all if she was gay, Im just a little worried about her i guess! What do you think? xx
sunshine_xx
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby luvva » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:23 pm

Well, your friend could be gay, or she might just be a bit uncomfortable talking about people she likes. She could think that you would make fun of her...as she could like different people to you and teh rest of your friends.

Don't push her to tell you anything, I'm sure that in the end she will open up. Whether she is gay or not, don't treat her any differently to the rest of your friends.
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby chosenfew » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:03 pm

the only person that will know if she is gay is herself, you should not push her into trying to tell you if she is or not. why are you so bothered that she doesnt want to join in in what you all talk about?? maybe she just isnt intrested in all of that yet, with boys or girls. i never used to talk about lads i like till about a month ago and im 19!! i just didnt feel the need to tell poeple who i did and didnt like as it doesnt have anything to do with anyone else. or maybe she is scared if she tells people who she lies someone will robb him coz thats what always happens to me.
chosenfew
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Rock_Queen » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:23 pm

What does it matter if she's gay?

She might be she might not be. The best thing to do is not to meddle or make asumptions, and don't confine in any of your other friends of your concerns. You may mean the best for your friend, but it may get around as gossip. When she finds out it was you at the root of the gossip tree then she won't appreciate it.... So just stay out of it and if she wants to tell you she will, and if she doesn't then you'll survive without knowing her sexuality!
Rock_Queen
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby waspie » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:04 pm

Well many girls are uncomfortable about talking about guys in this way, depending on the type of person you are. I think this is probably the reason she is like this, and I doubt she is a lesbian unless there are other things that give you this assumption. Does she fancy boys atall? Has she had a boyfriend? Does she seem like she fancies girls? Whatever the case, dont worry about it as it really doesnt matter and isnt worth fretting about. Hope this helped XX :)
waspie
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby misskrystal » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:10 pm

I have a friend who is incredibly outgoing and can talk about anything with anyone. But, when it comes to men and sex, she's very shy and finds it very difficult to open up. She even finds it difficult to talk about her long-term boyfriend. She's not gay, she just has different views on relationships and sex.
misskrystal
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby phoebe » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:20 pm

Don't look into it too much. Everyone is different when it comes to what they want to talk about when it comes to their love life. Just carry on being a good friend, x
'The best shield is to accept the pain - Then what can really destroy me?'
phoebe
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby psycho*jadey » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:12 am

i dont think that's a sign of being gay. when my friends talked about guys i always joined in anyway. now they know different :P but still, in her own time, she'll either tell you or you'll just realise she doesn't feel the need to talk about it
if i can see it then i can do it. if i believe it theres nothing 2 it.
psycho*jadey
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby chosenfew » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:16 am

who care is your friend is? that dont make her a different person. i doubt she is but if she is she will tell you in her own time. dont confrunt her about it in anyway or pressurise her into talking about lads she likes.
chosenfew
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby JennaXXX » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:01 pm

People develop at different paces. Some girls start fancying guys when they are 12 others dont until they are 19 sometimes even later. Shes your friend so dont pressurize her, just accept her for who she is. xxxx
Whatever life throws at you, smile, hold your head up high and be the best you can possibly be.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby ayeaii » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:41 pm

sunshine, you have no reason for concern i promise.. if she isn't she isn't and if she is she will tell you in her own time.. either way its nothing to worry about. what concerns you? Is that she will be bullied? If so, that's understandable, but no point worrying about what might never happen.. best to cross that bridge if you (and I sincerely hope you don't!) come to it.
x
ayeaii
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Sexuality