gay...

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

gay...

Postby megamouthmickey » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:02 pm

I'm 18 years of age, loud, bubbly and flirtatious and gay but still a virgin....
Everyone I know is not a virgin and I'm lagging behind and never have snogged, kissed or even cuddled a guy yet! Is this natural? I'm unsure, please help me and give me advice.

edited by all_apologies: please don't type all in CAPS as it comes across as shouting
MEGAMOUTH
megamouthmickey
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Laurajane » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:15 pm

hey there

Firstly you shouldnt compare yourself to everyone else- your an individual so regardless of anyone else when the time is right for you it will happen. There are plenty of people i know just from being on here that are in the same position whether they are gay or not and worried because they thought something should have happened by now. It is natural, and with a personality as vibrant as you have described in time you will meet someone- however it shouldnt be just for the sake of it! Next time your out have a good time and enjoy it for what it is, and if you have some male friends with you then give them a hug thats what friends are for!!
*What do sheep count when they can't sleep?!*
*Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.*
*I've discovered that I often visit the state of confusion, and I know my way around pretty well.*
Laurajane
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby all_apologies » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:15 pm

It's totally normal, gay or straight, to still be unexperienced at 18. I personally think it's even harder for gay people as (especially if you're young) not everyone may know of your sexuality, and you might not mix in crowds where there are many if any openly gay people for you to potentially get together with. Try not to worry about it, apparently the average age of first time gay sex is far higher than straight sex for those very reasons.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Skyedavies » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:19 pm

I know a gay guy who didn't have sex till he was 21. don't compare urself to others. when it happens it happens don't crack due to peer pressure.
Skyedavies
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: gay...

Postby morris mouse » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:42 pm

megamouthmickey wrote:I'm 18 years of age, loud, bubbly and flirtatious and gay but still a virgin....

You mentioned that you are rather concerned. :(
[maybe you're lagging behind your mates]

You're ONLY 18 years old. With such a great
lively character,you'll soon meet up with someone {if that's what you
want} !!! :D :D
ImageImage
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby lilessexgal » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:53 am

dont worry. everyone loses their virginitys at different times. the fact you have just describe you have a fantastic personality you are bound to meet someone soon. dont compare yourself to others. you are an indivdual and your time will come when you are ready.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby ayeaiii » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:24 pm

Don't worry! As everyone has said, 18 is not old! Most people, in fact, lose their virginity after 16, I have heard. It seems as though everyone is doing it, but what people say and what is actually the case can be very different!!

Don't rush it- these things must happen naturally, when you are ready, and have found the right guy.

Please don't worry about not being natural, or being different...I promise you that you are not.

xxx
ayeaiii
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby LincsGayMan46 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:56 pm

megamouthmickey wrote:I'm 18 years of age, loud, bubbly and flirtatious and gay but still a virgin....
Everyone I know is not a virgin and I'm lagging behind and never have snogged, kissed or even cuddled a guy yet! Is this natural? I'm unsure, please help me and give me advice.

edited by all_apologies: please don't type all in CAPS as it comes across as shouting

My god, ONLY 18!!! I was still a Virgin when I was 42!!!
LincsGayMan46
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

are yu sure

Postby DELETED » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:41 am

DELETED
DELETED

Postby peecee » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:01 pm

megamouthmickey wrote:Im 19 - never had a bf , never even kissed or hugged a guy or come withen a mile of getting close to one! i know that im defo gay because of the sexual attraction towards guys if you get wot i mean.. i just feel so lonely and such a loser im still a virgin and feel as if thats how im gonna be all my life!! :cry: what should i do? :-?
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Moose » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:48 pm

How are you going about trying to meet guys at the moment? Do your friends know you're gay? Are you going out to gay pubs and clubs and finding out about the "scene" in your area? If you're not, I'm sure you could go to a gay club one night, have a few drinks, and have a snog or even more with someone (anyone!) -- but is that what you really want?

I know it's frustrating when you can't seem to meet like minded guys or girls (that's the case whether you're gay or straight!) but you can't rush it. Sorry to sound like a book of cliches, but meeting someone - the RIGHT someone - will happen when you're least expecting it.

But in the meantime, try to relax and have fun without coming across as desperate.
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby retrochav » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:32 am

Not being a virgin doesnt make sex any better, believe me! You are one of the lucky guys who has the chance to loose your virginity to a bloke you find really attractive, rather than to someone who is simply there when you feel horny.

I would suggest trying a gay youth group or social event first. Contact the London Lesbian and Gay Switchboard (118 118 have the number as i havent got it to hand) they have details of groups all over the UK.

Bars and Clubs are fine, but can be a bit imposing when you are finding your feet. You will also find loads of guys want to hug and kiss you once they know you are gay, which while nice can be a bit full on at first.

I have been on the gay scene since i was 14 and can tell you it is just as good or bad as the straight scene. A few really good mates tend to make it a whole lot better and safer.

Dont feel rushed to loose your virginity, a guy worth it will at least make a proper date and take it gentle, rather than the drunken fumble on a building site which was my first affair!

If you want to PM me i will find you details of local groups you may like to try out.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby groovy » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:22 pm

I lost my virgintiy at 25 and now that I can look back on things, its the best decision Ive ever made.

This website was great for me becasue I realsied that I wasnt the only virgin on the planet and neither are you.
groovy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Sexuality